Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CBC Results - should I worry
Quote | Reply
Got my annual blood test results today. Unfortunately I can't get in to see the doc until december. So I resorted to google, probably never a good idea when looking for medical advice! Anyway I notice that my red blood cell count is 3.91 barely above acceptable, and hemoglobin is 13.2, optimal for women is 14. The thing that is weird and maybe worrisome is that my mch is 33.8 and mchc is 35.5 both hemoglobin measurements (something about the amount of hemo on each blood cell) and both high.

Anybody medically informed enough to know if this is something to be concerned about?

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Re: CBC Results - should I worry [lesson989] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm not medically qualified or able to talk about your results.

but

just a thought. i used to run a feral cat rescue and have dealt with a lot of special needs animals of a variety of species. in my experience, CBC and lab baselines will vary in terms of 'low' 'normal' 'high' depending who is running the tests and the method they use.

so, your test results might show as borderline on google, but depending on what lab your doctor is using, they might be totally normal. just throwing it out there as a possibility.

is there anyone else you can talk to at your doctor's office, if you can't see your doctor until december, who could help you? does the office have a nurse who could go over the test results with you?
Quote Reply
Re: CBC Results - should I worry [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm just a nursing student. I looked up all your values on my PDA and they are within the 'normal' range. The MCH and MCHC help indicate what type of anemia a person has. But they are normal. It's true what the other poster said, that reference ranges vary place to place.
Quote Reply
Re: CBC Results - should I worry [lesson989] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are stellar! Those are great results. No worries.

(Yes, I'm medical!) but sometimes I can't type! : )
Last edited by: EnduraGrl: Oct 27, 08 18:52
Quote Reply