Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New USAT rule
Quote | Reply
you have to wear your helmet ALL the time when riding your bike say from the car to T1 etc....from the
moment you are registered in the race and decide for
whatever reason to ride the bike even for 200m you have to wear it or can be given a penalty.
Quote Reply
Re: New USAT rule [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet another tempest in a teapot from the organization which brought us the elite-amateur wave rule explanation (as if anyone cares).

Irony can be humorous, but it does not have to be.

"I've always said that an Ironman is a reflection of your character" - Kevin Moats
Quote Reply
Re: New USAT rule [east coast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It brings USAT into compliance with ITU rules which are in force everywhere else

5.9 Helmets.
(b) Chin Strap Violations. The helmet must be fastened before the participant first mounts the bicycle, at all times when the participant is on the bicycle, and must not be unfastened until the participant has dismounted. Any violation of this Section 5.9(b) which occurs while the participant is in the transition area shall result in a variable time penalty. Any other violation of this Section shall result in disqualification.

>>>>>This Section 5.9(b) shall be enforced at all times while at the event site on race day.<<<<<<<

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Last edited by: eric: Apr 10, 03 21:05
Quote Reply
Re: New USAT rule [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be the first to say that wearing a helmet while riding your bike is a must.

FYI - I got a warning at the Canadian Short Course Championships 5 years ago for coasting along at walking speed on my bike from my car to the transition area - a distance of about 100m - for not wearing my helmet. I was informed by a race official that I could have been DQ'd from the race for this.

I guess when they say you have to be wearing your helmet ALL the time, they mean ALL the time!

Them's the rules.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: New USAT rule [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you. helmet is a must.
I also agree with east coast. USAT takes care
of a little problem and ignores the real ones, such
as coming up with a solution to prevent drafting,
listening to USAT members etc... re. entry transfer
or reimbursement (see post on tranferable IM entries...) etc...
Quote Reply