Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fall foods and cooking [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made the crockpot curry last week and it was a huge hit. I used delicata & acorn squash instead of butternut and it cooked down to make more of a sauce, but I thought it gave the curry a bit more depth and a really nice color. Thanks mmrocker for posting!

I got some sunchokes and fennel in my veggie box last week, so tonight I used a Cooking Light recipe and roasted them together. Delicious! You basically just cut up the sunchokes and a bulb of fennel and toss them with some olive oil, a little rosemary and some salt and pepper. I'd never had sunchokes before, but they are definitely a new favorite - sort of a cross between potato & artichoke hearts in taste, with a really creamy texture (at least when roasted)

Keep the recipes coming ladies, I can always use more ideas for yummy dinners!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Fall foods and cooking [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Made an absolutely great pot of soup this weekend, I had some stuff to use up that was in the fridge. Thing that made it really good was the parsnips, I had bought some for roasting, which is great because parsnips get really sweet when done that way. Soup was super easy done in my enameled cast iron dutch oven (new favorite pot).

Cubed and browned a piece of beef I had, don't remember what it was, cut it small for faster cooking. Added a diced onion 3 parsnips and two carrots diced. Sauted it all until the veggies were soft and added a clove of crushed garlic gave that a stir until it was fragrant cut a couple sprigs of parsley and thyme and chopped it fine and dumped it in a quick stir, added enough veggie broth to cover it and cooked for 15 minutes, added some whole wheat noodles and enough water to cover them (broth was too strong) and cooked for another 10 minutes.

The Parsnips added a nice flavor and it is a good hearty soup. Had the last of it for breakfast this morning, definitely gonna make this one again.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Fall foods and cooking [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vegan Pumpkin Waffles...yummy!
Quote Reply
Re: Fall foods and cooking [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw some persimmons at the farmers market this weekend (didn't know what they were previously). How do you cook/prepare them?
Quote Reply

Prev Next