Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gift for the BF [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If he is not expressing interest in tris and she is considering to get him swimming lessons I am really not sure who the present would be for...

Be careful about making idiot comments without reading carefully. She said he is interested in getting into tris - hence the comment that he's a good cyclist and a good runner considering. BUT that he wouldn't do them unless he felt confident in the water.

If you're going to walk into the girl's room and start being an ass - at least get your facts straight.

Maggs- it'll come to you. I think the swimming idea is good - something else you could do together, too. I also like the spa idea..my BF would never go for it (he, like some others we've already heard from, would consider it seriously gay...endlessly frustrating) but I think it would make him feel good and would definitely be a good night. Just be patient and keep doting on him for awhile..you'll figure it out.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for the BF [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, he definately wants to do tris. He's tried swimming a few times and just isn't comfortable in the water, and since he's not, he's not likely to just go to a masters team because he struggles to get 50 yds. He used to ride professionally and did a lot of my run training with me. After Kona he said he knew he could get through the bike (obviously) and the run he'd need to make sure he paced it right, but the swim was his big fear.

i'm not necessarily a woman who wants to date someone who does tris. There are pros and cons to this. As long as they understand my obsession with working out (which he does) that's enough for me. Swimming lessons is not at all about me. he gave me a lot of advice about biking and I really can't return the favor about swimming (I have for running though), but since he's mentioned doing a tri on a few occasions and last weekend was talking about doing an Ironman distance tri, I figured swimming lessons might help.

He has pretty much everything he needs for his #1 hobby, mountain biking, since he used to do it for a living...and pretty much everything else he needs/wants (boats, cross bikes, road bikes, four wheelers, wind surfing gear, ipods, etc...)

The driving course is a good suggestion, I did this when I lived in Vegas and it was a blast. We are going to Vegas in November so it's a possibility. But it's a little far away. Like I said, this weekend is all about just us hanging out (with the exception of his mountain bike race that I will watch and cheer and taking my dogs hiking...something he's been asking to do for a long time) and next weekend we are going to Maui to hang out and watch Xterra...which he's excited about watching...probably more than me..I don't get spectating :-), but obviously he has an interest in mountain bike tris more than I do. And then there's the night out in town, which he'll enjoy I'm sure, but it's also what i've been planning on doing for a while because I love MOrton's and I love Cirque.

I'll probably find some swimming lessons and give them to him next week sometime. There are some great beginner coaches here and after that there are some other great swimmers/instructors here that can help. He's a pretty competitive guy so if he's going to do tris he'll want to not drown on the swim and be able to use his bike background to not just play catch up, but get out in the front. And look into a couples massage when we are on Maui.
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for the BF [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While not necessarily a present, I think sherpa-ing for his race this weekend (this weekend?) as well as spectating Xterra are great ways to give back to him and show him support. Sounds like he's been super supportive of you in your kicking ass at Kona, so whatever he wants, he gets.

I've been in a relationship with The-Man-Who-Has-Everything, and I agree, it's very hard to surprise someone with a gift when they can go get it whenver they want.

There are a lot of great ideas posted here, and I wouldn't discount what the mens have said... they have a viewpoint the womens can't offer.

Have fun with whatever you choose!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for the BF [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
If he is not expressing interest in tris and she is considering to get him swimming lessons I am really not sure who the present would be for...

Be careful about making idiot comments without reading carefully.

I misread, I didn't see the part where he *is* interested in getting into tris, otherwise I wouldn't have posted what I did, apologies to Maggs.

This said I suggest you tone down the insults
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for the BF [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The whole french maid outfit is old. He can get nooky anytime now that you aren't so tired"

Ha -- I've been married almost 18 years and nooky is still the present my husband wants the most:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wouldn't go for couples massage. Did it with my husband few years ago and it wasn't that great. Does he like "extreme" sports? How about skydiving? Perhaps I will see you and BF at Silverman!?
Last edited by: ADC: Oct 18, 08 15:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This weekend is pretty much just us doing nothing...at his suggestion and I quickly agreed....well, except for his mountain bike race, and next weekend we are going to Maui for 3 nights. And I do have plans for a nice romantic trip to Kauai later this year, but our weekend schedule is really pretty full until the end of the year. But I do need to focus some on him, okay a lot on him.

Beth, be careful, once you start posting here you are one step closer to doing an Ironman :-)

I would be careful of this. Many men don't like to express what they really want (I suppose I should say men and women) because they want you to figure it out. They think you should know them well enough.

I love the swimming lesson idea. One of the best gifts I have received was hang glide lessons. I was very impressed that the person had remembered the conversation where I expressed interest in the sport.

As a man I have to say that couple massages just suck. It is great being there with your partner but I have found that couple massages are more of an environment thing and not a good massage. If you think you are up to it, I would give him the massage yourself and finish it off any way you see fit.

It sounds like you have Mr Wonderful who is always thinking about you and doing the right things. To me this means that he is listening to the things that you say as well as being able to read you well. It sounds like a good time to be Miss Wonderful. Have you been listening and observing?

Some things that are a real turn on (for me):
  • A day where it is truly about me...no wondering if the other person is having fun instead they are only thinking about what I would like
  • Getting woken up in the middle of the night for spontaneous you know what
  • A nice breakfast with fun conversation - preferably in bed and then followed by you know what
  • A beautifully written card (preferably drawn by hand or created from a scanned photo that represents a special time the two of you shared) that expresses the appreciation of what you share. Don't discount this. If he is what he seems to be then he probably has been able to provide for himself anything that he wishes. If he wants a new toy he can buy it for himself. The sentiment that you put into a card will be priceless

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for the BF [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that you want to ask is this a gift that is used and enjoyed but then its gone, or is it something that shows appreciation, and is there all the time? So, I would suggest something that he would wear like a watch that would remind him of your gift everytime he looks at it. I think as a guy, albeit an older and probably more sentimental one that I would prefer something like this. It doesn't have to be fancy, it just matters that its from you and its meant to show that you care.

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Gift for the BF [beth in cali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maggs, totally agree with the other Cali girl, since I'm a native.

Anyhow, make everything about your BF. He was your sherpa after all. Give him some down time. Ok, won't say or type anymore, but he sounds like he deserves alot of your attention now that Kona is finito.

N~
Quote Reply

Prev Next