Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Confession of someone who works at home [lkkinetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no choice right now. I'm stranded by flooding and there is no way to get into work. I have access to a grocery store which is good but otherwise I'm cut-off from civilization, for the second time in a month. My husband stayed in a hotel last night so that he could go to work in the morning. It was a good idea because the last road out of here closed last night a 3:00 am. I'm getting darn comfortable inside my own head!

The dogs and cats like the company though :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Confession of someone who works at home [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And how do I get such a job? lol

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And how do I get such a job? lol

I believe it starts with procuring snowshoes...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Confession of someone who works at home [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And today, a wetsuit.

All exits blocks. :-( And, the river is still rising.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like good cross-training opportunities to me....you could bike up to the water, hop off your bike and swim across to the other side, then run for a while. Then do the opposite on the way back!

Go that way really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my! I thought that last one was a boat ramp at first.

So this is from all the snow melting?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Confession of someone who works at home [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, a A LOT of rain since the snow stopped. We are finally dry today. The river is receding. Hubby is finally able to get home tonight. It will take an addition 45 minutes but he can get here!

I got out of the house today, yay! It was raining so hard yesterday I didn't get out but today I drove around a bit to see the water. It has gone down quite a bit and towns are now in clean-up. I stopped at the grocery store and the shelves are getting empty. No deliveries for several days and people were getting ready for Armegeddon.

Here is a video of the area. The first minute or so is what is between me and my hubby. I'm up on a hill so I'm fine. The river just filled the valley completely. Amazing. Records were broken. I snowshoed to the store down through there. Two weeks ago it will full of snow.

http://www.king5.com/...dex.html?nvid=319945

I'm moving south.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah, move east to my island. We're not nearly as isolated as you.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Confession of someone who works at home [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brrrr....!

My parents would love it though. Driving distance to their home in NH.

I keep telling our friend I'm coming down to live with him.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, I miss that weather. Their weather = Maine's summer weather which is perfect.

Was 20* when I woke up... 9* when I left the gym 2 hrs later (run and yoga, that's why so long this AM), then -2* when I looked in the middle of the day. (*F I think you are in Canada and use silly *C)

I have been "working from home" today! 5 hrs or so of writing, writing, writing. Curled up in a sleeping bag and a thick blanket in front of the fire, oh and when I was doing laundry and dishes I had to put my down coat on.

Last edited by: tigerchik: Jan 9, 09 16:13
Quote Reply

Prev Next