Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need help dealing w/ tri team
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
I'm slowly starting to post more, so I thought I'd ask your opinion. I joined a tri team last Spring and they were sponsored by Zoot and we got a good discount, so I purchased a tri top and bottoms through the tri team (we were required to purchase a top). They were very quick to cash my check in early May. My order was included in their 2nd batch of orders.

Well, it's now the end of September, and I have yet to receive my stuff. Many fingers have been pointed to blame others by the heads of the tri team as to why the Zoot order is messed up. Anyway, I don't care who's fault it is, 3-4 orders have come in, but I still haven't received my stuff, so I asked them for a refund of my money. The head guy told me that if my stuff wasn't in by the week of Sept. 13 then I'd receive a refund.

My stuff is still not in, and now the head guy is refusing to give me a refund of my money. From what I hear from the bike shop that receives our orders is the 2008 stuff is limited, I'm not even sure if what I ordered is in stock at zoot.

I need your opinions, how should I deal with the situation? I've been trying to contact the guy and he's been completely ignoring me. I'm more than annoyed. What would you all do? Thanks in advance! --Sally
Quote Reply
Re: Need help dealing w/ tri team [kprsal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to keep pushing this guy and the rest of the head people on the tri team until you either get your stuff or you get a refund. Do not let this drop. Someone f*cked up and they're hoping you'll get frustrated and give up. They are taking advantage of you and you cannot let them to continue doing so. Try to contact the guy every day at least once. Call him and follow up with an e-mail. Then, copy the rest of the tri team exec on your next e-mail and explain to them that you are being ignored. Then, take it the next level and the next until you are heard. If the tri team has a forum, then you can even post there to explain the situation and get some resolution to this. Stick with it until you get results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more thing - if you are contacting people solely by e-mail, don't assume that they always get your e-mails. Lots of times it goes into junk mail filters and they won't see it until they check there. Call them on the phone, if possible, and follow-up with an e-mail.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help dealing w/ tri team [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar problem with a tri team a year or so ago. With the 'purchase' of the year membership of the team, we got a specific shirt we all were to wear to races, etc. You could choose to order more items from the same ppl that made the shirts, or not. I ordered more. Like you - the orders kept coming in, but my items (team shirt included) never seemed to make it. Order after order, I would ask and...Oh, I'll get it to you when the next order comes. I always asked via email because of scheduling conflicts (the leader of the tri group worked days where I worked out, I worked days as well, so I never saw her). At one point she 'remembered' giving me my stuff. Nope, Nothing, Nada. I never got the items I ordered. I never got my money back. I quit bugging her and gave up. I figured, I didn't spend much - not a huge loss, Not really worth the time any more. I decided not to join that tri club/team again. I can't say that this little issue didn't go on the list of reasons why not to go back.

I'd fight if I had to do it again. I'm sure with Zoot gear, it's not $25 bucks or so we're talking about. Hell, who cares. You ordered it. You paid for it...Get your money back...At this point, I'd go for the money back and not the gear. If supplies from Zoot for the 2008 stuff are limited, you may be better off going for the cash back. Just my two cents. I hope you get something back. What a pain!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be a total lawyer here but if you have records of your purchase, I would just file a claim in small claims court. I can 99% guarantee that as soon as they get notice of the claim, they will refund your money and you can then drop the claim.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to be deeply involved with my team's general management, and the uniforms were always a thorn in my side. I accept uniforms are delayed (spring season always seem very busy for custom), but if you're "required" to wear it and haven't received it even at the end of the racing season, I see absolutely no reason they refuse to refund you. Due to their incompetence you could not advertise their sponsors, or the team itself during your races. You did your part.

Do none of the team's management train with you? Can you not talk to others you train with who may be in similar situations and ask what's going on? I'm assuming that you're training with the team still and don't want to strain relations or anything.

If the management doesn't want to refund your money, I would simply submit the next payment for your training subtracting what they owe you for the uniform. If you're not training with them anymore, I would write an email to as many people as I can in the team and say you really want your money back. The tri scene in our area is pretty small, even if you go to other teams, we all know each other so its hard to get away acting like a jerk.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help dealing w/ tri team [deechee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for all of your opinions! The team came out with a mass email giving us options to get the first 2009 uniforms when they come in or to get a refund. Maybe they read my post here and just the thought of a small claims court action made them act:)
Quote Reply