Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What should happen to Texas relief pitcher Frank Francisco? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have the right to say almost anything you like about just about anyone, as evidenced by the many flame wars that take place on the web.

Why am I thinking that Freedom of Speech does not mean or is not intended to be "Freedom to Be an A'hole?". Isn't Freedom of Speech intended to allow people to speak out against the government/organization without the fear of imprisonment or death? (particularly those in the media)

I think it's hilarious that people that yell racial slurs, derogitive comments, vulgar remarks at others, and then run and hide behind the Freedom of Speech when they get their butt kicked.

I wonder how much of what the hecklers said was "legal"? Think about what gets said by hecklers. Combine that with the possibility of being drunk. Common experience tells me they were saying a lot more than "You Suck!"

... As for his pitching accuracy ... ESPN reported that he threw a chair at the heckler and it bounced off him and hit his wife ... who was also participating in the mix. Sounds like he struck out two batters with one pitch.

I would bet that having hecklers come to one's work and have them get very personal with their vulgar remarks/threats might change an opinion or two.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply

Prev Next