Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Behind the seat bottles suck [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would try to switch the wire cages for Profile cages on the Minoura. My bottles hold pretty firm in the Profile cages and I can't imagine that they can get lost. Probably there are bottles with small differences in diameter.
Quote Reply
Re: Behind the seat bottles suck [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a recent thread 'behind the saddle drink systems - which is most aero?' on the Bicycle Sports forum (http://www.bicyclesports.com/forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=437)

In this thread John Cobb recommends the Minoura and the Profile 'behind the saddle drink systems':

I haven't tested all those combination so I'll have to guess. The Minoura rear set up should work good and some of the others. The bottles sticking up in the air are definetly worse than anything going on around the seat post.

Except that they occasionally Launch bottles the Profile works fine. I would run it as high as possible. Using dual rubber bands on the cages seems to help hold the bottles better.

Felix
Quote Reply
Re: Behind the seat bottles suck [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xlab saddlewing with a custom tube drinking system for olympic and saddlewing with Profile Jestream for longer races. Forget the Xlab Aerowing, it's heavier and sits to high. Aquarack weighs a ton. Anyways that's my setup. Although I haven't yet figured out how to mount my Jetsream on my new HED bars. I'll have to try that new bracket Profile is selling or just make my own. Or I could get REALLY REALLY BIG bottles and use my aero tube thingy.... yeah the bottles would have to be huge
Quote Reply
Re: Behind the seat bottles suck [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that behind the seat bottles suck. I have a Profile Aqua Rack with Profile carbon cages and cannot keep bottles in the cages for more than 20 miles. Any real pothole, speedbump, or sudden acceleration will shake the bottles free.

I took the rack off and it is sitting in a pile of useless cycling gear. I did reuse the cages as they are pretty good.

On training rides I just put the extra bottles in my jersey pockets. When I race long tris I use a Profile handlebar mounted drinking system that works pretty well.

A roommate of mine has the Xlab system with aluminum cages and he seems to keep his bottles. I wonder if there is something in the XLab design that results in better retention? Can anyone comment on the physics involved with this issue?
Quote Reply

Prev Next