Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Australia Comments
Quote | Reply
What a race by Macca and Lisa! Lisa smoked a 2:58 run to show that you can win on the run (a popular opinion that I don't always agree with) and Macca showed how to win an ironman on the bike by destroying everyone else and starting the run 14 minutes up (although he ran 2:51 uncontested to show he's capable of having some legs left after a scorching bike ride). Lisa's run was even more amazing considering she just finished ironman NZ a month ago and then cranks out her fastest marathon split ever.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Australia Comments [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually the most impressive feat was the japanese dude who forgot his bike shoes at his hotel...yuji adachi...rode barefoot, then run a 3h08 to go 9h30...

would like to see what the guy can do if he forgets his bike next time :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Australia Comments [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looked like the field was not as deep as last year in the Pro-Male division. Any reason for this?

Macca did race smart and aggressive, yet in control.

With Luc van Lierde winning IM Malaysia, Cam Brown winning NZ, DeBoom winnning California Half-IM, and now Macca winning IM Aus, this is shaping up to be an exciting year (and hopefully a VERY exciting Hawaii IM).

Throw in Larsen, Reid, Craig Walton, Hellriegal, and maybe a few others, and Hawaii could be a major showdown and force a very aggressive race. It will be interesting to see the predictions this year.

People talk about the strong cyclists (Larsen, etc.) but it will be really interesting to see what the strong swimmer/cyclists do. Van Lierde led the swim & bike in Malaysia; Macca and Walton are obviously very strong here. I'm excited already.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Australia Comments [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to see Craig Walton win some (IMs or 1/2s). He was my favourite short course athlete for a couple of years, but since he's moving to the IM, it should only get better. The only problem I see with him is that he's a swim/bike combo person (one of the best), but there are a lot of those in IM racing. I mean, how much of a lead can he open up if he swims a 45:00 then bikes a 4:30 (pretty fast times). I'm just worried he'd get run down by people who can run low 2:50's. But who knows? Maybe he can run sub 3:00's too.
Quote Reply