Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GERARD - P3 Help!
Quote | Reply
After all but deciding on the P3 51cm 650cc (5'7.5'') based on my best calculations and suggestions from my local shops - I was in a different city this today and got on a 48cm.

The saddle position was seemed to almost be maxed out and the stem was at the highest position with all the spacers beneath it. The saddle was in the 75 degree position (where normally on the 51cm it was in the 78 degree position) and the toptube seemed to be a pretty good fit. My knees weren't hitting the aerobars and I felt good on it...

Without getting a virtual bike fit - would the 48cm be too small? Was it the seat angle that was throwing my feeling off? How high can the seatpost go before it is legally maxed out?

If I go with the 51cm as originally suggested - can I assume that there will be enough adjustability for me to get the perfect fit that I have been searching for?

Thanks - last question - next posting will be after my first ride!
Quote Reply
Re: GERARD - P3 Help! [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am your height and I use the 51 cm. I think the 48 cm would work for me if I used a relaxed seat angle. I don't. I could probably use the 54, but I think I have the right one. You have longer legs than me, so maybe the 48 is OK.

If the bike is forcing you to use a relaxed seat angle, you have the wrong sized bike, unless you know that is what you know you want. I am mystified why you would be pushed into the smaller bike. Was it a sales effort or a decision?

I guess we need more information on what kind of fit you want. A picture wouldn't hurt either.
Quote Reply
Re: GERARD - P3 Help! [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go with a 54cm, why the fascination with the tiny frames (when it comes to Cervelo's), flip the seatpost head forward and ride aggressive like it was designed for. I am barely 5'8", old as can be and am always top 2-5 O/A Bike split and sometimes win, my P3 fits fine.
Quote Reply
Re: GERARD - P3 Help! [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed that on the P3's that I have seen that they do not have the carbon seatpost. The dealer said they would have replacements soon or I could get $100 off the price. When are the seatposts going to be ready if they aren't already?
Quote Reply