Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Velocity Spartacus Wheels
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any feedback regarding the Velocity Spartacus Wheels positive or negative.

Thanks,

John Thomason
Quote Reply
Re: Velocity Spartacus Wheels [John Thomason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine have been bulletproof so far. Very true, smooth bearings. I don't consider them light at all (mine have 14 g straight spokes), but they are durable.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Velocity Spartacus Wheels [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Yaquicarbo:
How are the Velocity Spartacus Wheels holding up? Any complaints since your last post? My LBS currently has a pretty good deal running on them and I'm thinking they might be perfct for a sturdy set of training wheels (and they're cheaper than the Velomax Circuits I've been mulling over).
Thanks,
Tripoet
Quote Reply
Re: Velocity Spartacus Wheels [John Thomason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at either these or the Spartacus Pro a couple of weeks ago. Small price difference, but a pretty good weight difference. I called Velocity and had a good conversation with one of their engineers. I'm planning on buying the Spartacus Pro when I get back from out west next weekend.

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: Velocity Spartacus Wheels [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had to true a single spoke on them in over 2000 miles. I'd say that's a pretty tough wheel! They may be heavy (I don't know how much they weigh), but, they do what wheels are supposed to do, and without any problems so far.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply