Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Funny bike story at the race yesterday
Quote | Reply
So I'm out doing the local Oly race yesterday and there's this guy on the bike that's ALL over the road. Wiggling more than Jell-O. on a road bike with aerobars. So I pass him. A little later, he passes me back. I pass him again. Then he passes me again, wiggly as can be, and wiggles himself right off the road! He gets back on the road without falling, so I set out to pass him again. He goes "oh, you again?" and I said "I'm trying to get away from you, you are making me nervous". A little later he passes me again.
I was definitely giving this guy the appropriate no. of bike lengths! I passed him again and thought it was going to stick. I didn't see him for a while.
Later in the race, he passes me yet again, and again goes off the road, off the gravel shoulder and into the grass. While he's in the grass I pass him.
Then he finally passed me back and I didn't see him again.
Until the run.
I passed him on the run, said "it's me again" and he cursed as a response, to which I simply told him I was really glad he survived that bike ride and didn't crash.
As I was running away from him I heard him telling his buddy that he 'just got' these aerobars on his bike and he's having a heck of a time controlling it (the bike). I remember thinking, gee, shouldn't you have practiced with them more first????
Thankfully I ran away from him and never saw him again.
Quote Reply