Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

yet another saddle thread.
Quote | Reply
Okay, so...I have a Terry Damselfly on my tri bike, and a Terry Zero X on my road bike. (I have a selle san marco of some sort on my track bike). I LOVE the damselfly on my tri bike, and the Zero X isn't bad either.

My problem is my MTB...for the amount of riding I used to do on it, my saddle was fine--a BIT numbing, but tolerable for the occasional jaunt. Now, I find myself training for a 40 mile race, and OMG...the HORROR. Last night, about 30 minutes into a two hour ride I was ready to quit. By the end, I'm pretty sure a root canal sans anesthetic would have been preferable.

My. junk. was. so. smashed. Seriously...every movement/bump/jostle was horrific. in case any boys are lurking, I won't go into TOO much detail...but the hood, labia, and clitoris were not only smashed, they were bruised and swollen. Showering was terrible. Going to the bathroom was even worse. Even now, having to wear pants is uncomfortable.

So...does anyone have a suggestion for a MTB saddle? I don't want to spend a TON--I'm trying the ebay route, if possible--b/c A) my MTB is not my first biking love, and B) saddles are...well, individual. (I read both the recent saddle threads, but am looking for MTB, specifically--and I find that my junk is in a very different configuration on each of my bikes, and esp. on my MTB from the other two (far more upright, I guess...)

I thank you. Steve (my junk) thanks you. And, most certainly, my husband thanks you :p

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: yet another saddle thread. [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My. junk. was. so. smashed. Seriously...every movement/bump/jostle was horrific. in case any boys are lurking, I won't go into TOO much detail...but the hood, labia, and clitoris were not only smashed, they were bruised and swollen.

I thank you. Steve (my junk) thanks you. And, most certainly, my husband thanks you :p
I'm no boy, but I think that was pretty detailed lol.
Calling your goods your "junk" is a little male, no? I like bits. :)
And did you name your "junk" after a man? hmmm....

I wish I could help you out with Steve (ya see, just doesn't seem right lol), but I don't even own a MTB currently. Instead, I just wanted to make comments on your post. Apparently I'm feeling like a bit of an ass today. Sorry about that :)

Quote | Reply
Oh, believe me...I could have been far more graphic. :(

I'm not sure where the name Steve came from.

And...I use the terms junk and goodly bits interchangeably.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a specialized Women's Ariel MTB on my (specialized) mtb, and a specialized Jett on my tri-bike. I love them both. This is the first summer I can say I actually can ride either bike with comfort down there, and its been a long time coming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually use a serfas carma on my MTB. It's a road saddle but it keeps my bits from getting totally torn up on long rides.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: yet another saddle thread. [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you like either the Damselfy or Zero by Terry, consider the Firefly. The profile is similar but it has a scuff guard on the rear sides to protect in crashes.

http://www.terrybicycles.com/...l.html?item_no=21781
Quote Reply
Re: yet another saddle thread. [feldmanTcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Selle Italia LDY saddle on my cyclocross bike. Love it for cyclocross, I'd hate it on the road.
I've also found it under the Selle Italia Lady saddle.
I definitely need more cushion when I'm doing 'cross rather than riding on the road.
Quote Reply
Re: yet another saddle thread. [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's something I'm thinking I might want, too--I like a more streamlined saddle on the road, but I don't think I'd want to ride my Terry X on my MTB. Ow.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply