Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 8/4/08
Quote | Reply
Last week:

* Masters Track Districts on Sat/Sun. Goal is to have fun and get some experience at a big race like this. DONE! RACED 6 RACES AND WAS ON THE PODIUM 4X. HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!

* Bring lunch 3x this week. YES

* Ride 7 days. RODE 5 DAYS.

This week:

* Attend track camp (3-days) and learn how to swap out the gearing on my bike.

* Do Tue/Wed night track races and work on different things.

* Maybe race at elite qualifier on the weekend just for the experience. If not racing, I'll be there working and watching the match sprint tactics closely.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 8/4/08 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I managed to run four times last week. WOO-HOO! I did four days in a row of 30-40 minute runs, fairly easy pace and it actually felt pretty good by the last few days. Then I spent Friday - Sunday driving and moving boxes, so training got moved to the back burner. During the week I did really well with packing lunches and eating pretty well overall, but that too got shot on the weekend.

This week, I'm planning to continue doing as many days of short runs and then try for a five miler on the weekend. I'm also planning to do one bike commute this week, to see how that goes. If it goes well, I'll incorporate a few of those into my week moving forward. Food-wise, I'm just trying to get back on track which gets easier as we unpack the kitchen boxes. I also want to get at least one swim in this week. I have a couple of pools on my list to check out, so it's just a matter of getting my lazy butt in the water. :-)

Congrats on your week's goals - sounds like you had an awesome week on the bike!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 8/4/08 [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Successfully ride all 112 miles of the IMWI course-- Done on Saturday. Road the out and back from Fireman's Park and then two loops starting at the park. It was quite warm and 112 miles is a long way but I was able to ride a nice steady pace the entire ride and did it in the time I was expecting. There was little wind on the course so that was a nice change from my previous course rides. Lets hope for the same on race day. What really made this ride successful was that I was able to comfortably run just over 15 miles on Sunday and felt great!
2) Complete at least 1 morning workout this week. -- Got one in. Would have had a second but I was so tired that my coach advised me to skip a workout.
3) Get caught up on some sleep.- Between skipping a workout on Thur and getting some extra sleep that day. Then sleeping in on Sunday and getting my long run done a bit later (even thought it was hot), I am feeling better. Last Tuesday I was exhausted and this week I feel like a normal person.

Goals for this week:
1) Stretch -- stretch after long run and long ride. Plus several additional stretching and foam rolling sessions.
2) Refocus on nutrition -- Ask for advice on this board and start eating more balanced.
3) Volunteer at a local tri!

Have a good week everyone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All systems go. Just over 10 hours last week, pretty balanced between all three sports and a day off, too.

I did this charity ride on Sunday (metric), and my friend and I rode to it to make it about 90 miles in all. However, this was the most sadistic f-ing charity ride I have ever been on! The hills had hills. I know, I know, HTFU, blah, blah, blah. It was just that we were totally caught off guard by it. We figured a few good climbs and then typical rolling terrain. This ride was hill after hill after hill, steep ass hills, nuts. Tons of people were walking. However, it felt good to be home afterwards. Nothing beats that sense of accomplishment after surviving something truly hellish.

I am training for a flat marathon that I am treating as a training run for IMFL -- it is helping me to stay motivated and get the miles in. The marathon is about 6 weeks from the IM so I should be able to do it and then have time to recover. Last week was 12 miles, easy pace. This week I'm in for 14. Plus a century this Saturday. Hooray.

Eating is okay -- I managed not to chow down after the charity ride from Hell. That was an accomplishment.

Aunt Flow is around so it is tough to tell how things are going. What I am trying NOT to do is figure a 28-29 day series of countdowns from today to IMFL on Nov 1. Please no ... no no no... that is my worst nightmare.

-Sarah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals last week...
  • keep weight under 173 lbs..wigh daily, more days under than over...

B...weighed under 3 times, over 2...started great but went over after eating out later in the week.....
  • Swim once before tri...limited speed intervals to set me up for race day...

A...had a good solid speed workout...
  • Beat last years bike and run time in my Sprint Tri...place better in the swim (I never compare swim times in tri's due to the variability in setting swim courses year to year)..beat last years time overall (factoring in swim length variability), beat last years overall placement in the field....

A...Fantastic race...2nd in Age Group...2/13[/url]) placed better in the swim, biked faster by a minute than last year, ran over a minute faster than last year (although I question if the course was a hair shorter....overall time 4 minutes faster than last year...29th ovrerall of 386...matched last years % O/A finish...just a solid satisfying result all around...
  • average 165 HR avg in triathlon...keep effort up...leave it on the course....

A+...Averaged 167!...mentally went to redline the entire race and stayed there!....was dry heaving in the finish chute so I figure I went hard enough : )...
  • Get in 7 hours of training

B...got in just over 7 hours on a race week....nice...
  • Get Orienteering course finalized in Duluth

A for effort....I had to hike over 3.5 hours the day before my race to scout the area and completely revamp the course due to unmarked trails on the map.....thought I had blown my race with tired legs.....luckily, that did not happen...
  • do something special for my wife

C...could have done more...

Goals for this week:
  • Get 7 hours of training in this week...could be tough due to ging up to Duluth this weekend to put on Orienteerig event
  • Put on Fun Orienteering event in Duluth...insure the beginners have a great first experience...
  • swim once...keep swim speed for last swim tri in 3 weeks...off road tri...
  • Mt bike once to keep mt bike speed and skills....
  • weigh daily...more days under 173 than over.....

Last edited by: Steve-oH!: Aug 6, 08 10:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for starting the thread, Cathy. I was in NYC until yesterday. Had a really nice trip there. Spent lots of time walking neighborhoods and finding great restaurants. I just love that city!
  • Got in 4 out of 5 runs. Even did a long run with DH in Central Park on Sunday. That was so much fun. The last 1.5 miles was running back to the hotel through the crowds on 6th Ave. It was like interval training weaving in and out of all the people.
  • No biking this week. :(
  • Did ok on eating too.

This week:
  • Continue running 4 - 5 times.
  • Get in 2 - 3 bike rides.
  • Start the P90X videos for core and weight training.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh, last week not successful but I had a migraine so not my fault.
  • Gained 1lb
  • Swam 1 time
  • Ran 2 times
  • Layed around alot

This week:
  • Run 4x (got 1 in already)
  • Swim 2x (got 1 in already)
  • Do exercies from PT 3x (got 1 in already)
  • Adopt my every other day diet - Eat clean every other day. Other days I can have what a I want as long as don't overshoot my calories
  • Drop 1lb

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my primary goal for last week was to get through my last big workout before IMC (my first IM). I took it easy and did a mini taper leading up to my Sunday workout. Sunday ended up being 4:20 on the bike (~80 miles) followed by a 2 hour run (ended up being 13 miles in ~1:52). Made it through the workout without a hitch and practiced my nutrition on the bike which worked out really well for me.

Aside from the big workout I had:

- 2 open water swims: 1:30:00
- 2 bikes: 3:15:00
- 2 runs: 2:10:00

This week is the beginning of my taper, I would like to do:

- 3 open water swims (1 done)
- 3 bikes (1 done, doing another tonight)
- 2 runs (1 done)

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply