Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

pearl izumi cycling/tri shoe.
Quote | Reply
hey check these out...pretty cool, anyone seen these? or tried them? what are they like? not a bad price. i think these are steve larsens "pro model" shoes???

http://www.pearlizumi.com/...ProductColorsTB=4889

luke
Quote Reply
Re: pearl izumi cycling/tri shoe. [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks really nice, and the price is sweet!

Designed for triathletes, the SLR Road is ultra fast in transitions and it's seamless air mesh upper dries quickly.

Man, even professional copywriters get away with crappy grammar these days. Unreal.

The deeper you get the sweeter the pain. Don't give up the game until your heart stops beating.
--New Order
Quote Reply
Re: pearl izumi cycling/tri shoe. [itchyghost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Man, even professional copywriters get away with crappy grammar these days. Unreal.

Websites are notorious for poor grammar. Apparently English and various programming languages don't mix well. Wink I'll be happy these days if people would take the extra "o" out of lose when they say they lost something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried a pair of Pearl Izumi road shoes but found that they had too much volume for my skinny feet. Other than the fit issue they seemed to be great shoes.

If you have narrow feet like mine I would make sure you can try them on, or return them.

Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to tell from the photo, but it doesn't look like they open up all that much. I have two pair of the older Nike "touring" shoes (a lot like slippers with SPD cleats), and they also are stretchy stuff, but are FAR from quick to put on or take off. Couldn't imagine doing it with wet feet. Granted, mine do not have a large opening at all, but I've used them for road racing, not tri. When I was racing tris, I always made sure my shoes opened WAY up. I'm not saying these PI shoes are bad, just something to think about when you try them on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried on a sample pair (not in my size) and wasn't all that impressed with the fit or the strap. Heel cup was loose even though the shoe was too small and the strap didn't seem substantial enough. Nice upper though although I wish they'd kept the carbon midsole. Seemed like a good shoe as long as you're not standing and hammering. Needless to say I tried to order a pair anyways since I get an employee discount, backordered till April... So I got Shimanos. I might still try a pair of PIs later though.
Quote Reply
Re: pearl izumi cycling/tri shoe. [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a pair about a month ago. haven't tried them in a 'heat of the moment/adrenaline pumping' race situation yet but they seem OK. Bit concerned about how easily I'll be able to jam my wet feet into them. There may be a chance of 'rucking up' the cloth at the lower portion of the tongue while concentrating o getting out of transition quickly. Bit too chilly here to venture outside with wet feet to check it out. They fit pretty well, although their sizes seem slightly larger than other brands I've tried.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it seems you need to size down half a size on other PI cycling shoes as well. I'm putting a pair of mail order vapor roads on ebay today for a friend, they were too big.
Quote Reply