Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Notes from Taipei Cycle Show
Quote | Reply
Fellow tri geeks,

I went to the Taipei Cycle Show on Sunday. While my friend posed as an industry type I just walked around admitting I am a bike junkie and admiring stuff. The show was divided into two halls, one displaying products by Taiwanese firms and the other with international companies. For bike fiends the international hall was much more fun than wading through the endless array of no-name Taiwanese foundries showing off the funky things they can do with carbon. We were able to see the first set of production Campagnolo Bora B3 wheels, for instance, but no Shimano road bike products (which was either telling or just odd). But while the international hall was more fun for me, some items in the Taiwanese hall were probably more significant for the industry.

I put up a simple photo page with captions, so come take a look at some of the stuff: http://divad.net/...taipeibike/index.htm

I was just there for kicks, but since I went straight to the show from a half marathon race and had brought my camera to that, my wife took the initiative to take some shots at the Taiwan section. I thought the most interesting development was FSA's huge growth, now including stems, bars, seat posts, plus bike frames and wheels. In a crowded market, FSA joins the fray as a frame and wheel maker - at least that's how it looked from the deep carbon rim wheels on the time trial bike, which had a rear cut-out but no horizontal dropouts. Their compact road frame looked like a better bike to me. It was also fun seeing Giant's gold bike up close. The gold touches are actually damn gaudy, but the frame looks nice with gold graphics.

FSA's 55-tooth time trial ring looked pretty cool, too. It's actually lenticular, like a disk wheel.

No pictures from the international hall.

The deeper you get the sweeter the pain. Don't give up the game until your heart stops beating.
--New Order
Last edited by: itchyghost: Mar 31, 03 23:59
Quote Reply