Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: to wax or not to wax? [GettingBetter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off with the hair I say, so smooth on the bike feels like a babies bum. I do my own Brazilian and have done for 20 years. Not much there now as hair has stopped growing.
I make a toffee from sugar water and lemon. I cook it on the stove until it becomes sticky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally an issue I can help with! :-)

IMO waxing is the best. Paying $$ for waxing....not the best! I can't say for sure what is better for riding but if if you are posting here you most likely swim too...so wax! I'd recommend going to a pro for the first few sessions and watching carefully. Pay special attention to the consistency and temperature of the wax they use...also how they zip it off. Then, go to your corner drugstore and buy a box of Parissa hot wax. Green and white box, strip free (the pro's most likely use strips but strip free is better for home).

Go home, relax, do not rush, read the instructions and visualize yourself waxing efficiently. Then, call the helpline on the box and ask them for their tips. If you are very sensitive, take a Benadryl before you start. Do the things the nice people at the helpline say to do.

With the hot wax, you should not be too clean. However, do not do this right after a workout when your pores are wide open. At the end of a day is best. And the blue oil they give you, that helps too, it is not just snake oil. Within a few sessions you will be getting the same results as the pro's , with a fraction of the cost and inconvenience. I promise!!!! If you can change a tire you can do this. heck, if you can PUMP a tire you can do this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote Reply
Re: to wax or not to wax? [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YOu know I've thought about doing it myself. I'm afraid I'd put the wax on and then be too scared to pull it off!!!

YOu girls that do it yourself are tuff!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: to wax or not to wax? [Honey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I eventually just went with laser hair removal and took 100% of the hair off - permanently. Expensive, but it lasts forever. $70 a month adds up quickly in comparison.

No hair means far fewer saddle sores and its more comfortable on the bike.

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." -- Mike Ditka
Quote Reply
Re: to wax or not to wax? [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my God, I almost spit coffee all over my keyboard! I would never be tough enough to do that!
gb
Quote Reply
Re: to wax or not to wax? [CindyJo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh Man I don't know how you did that!! I had laser hair removal also but only "on top" they called it the bikini area. It was really only around the mons and it frigging hurt last a B!!! I thought to myself there is no way I'm doing the undercarriage and taint with laser!!!! I used the elma creme that numbs the area and it still hurt. This was 7 years ago maybe the newer lasers are less painful??? YOur tuff!!!
Quote Reply
Re: to wax or not to wax? [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm amazed that no men have responded to this threat yet. Let me be the first to say that some of us guys really, really, REALLY appreciate the effort and pain you go through with waxing. I am definitely a fan of the end result.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same problem...went to the dermatologist and he gave me some gel to put on down there for less irritation. I haven't had a problem since. Also...spend the money and get a good pair of bike shorts and change your razor often when saving down there.
Quote Reply
Re: to wax or not to wax? [140pt6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am getting in on the dialogue late. I had tried waxing, but not only does it hurt, it was one more thing to schedule (which is the same reason I don't have fake nails anymore.) It was actually my boyfriend who recommended that I try shaving. He has been using hair conditioner instead of shaving creams. I tried it....it works great. Most any conditioner will work, but let it sit a few minutes before shaving and the hair is softer. Very rarely do I ever get bumps.
Quote Reply
Re: to wax or not to wax? [CindyJo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I eventually just went with laser hair removal and took 100% of the hair off - permanently. Expensive, but it lasts forever. $70 a month adds up quickly in comparison.

No hair means far fewer saddle sores and its more comfortable on the bike.

I am going to have my wife contact you so you can convince her of the benefits on the bike, and hopefully as others posters said off the bike as well ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next