Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to Stay...Age Group Nationals Portland Oregon...
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies...

Anyone know a nice place to stay or have a place in Portland or close to Hagg Lake?
Quote Reply
Re: Where to Stay...Age Group Nationals Portland Oregon... [TriHarder1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how close? beaverton and hillsboro are both good options, not far from hagg lake. hillsboro is where Nike and Intel have large bases, so there are a lot of hotels nearby for business types, national chain hotels. hillsboro is quite close to hagg lake, maybe 10 minutes?

it's soooo beautiful out there in the summer, you'll have a great time. great for outdoorsy stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to Stay...Age Group Nationals Portland Oregon... [TriHarder1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what your hotel-style preferences are, but there's a really cool place out in Forest Grove called the Grand Lodge. It's a McMenamins property that has a hotel, restaurant, pub, spa, etc all on the grounds of I believe a historic mansion/santitorium. The website is here: http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=59 It's probably the closest thing to Hagg Lake, but also just a really cool place. (It's my go-to place to grab a burger or a beer after a ride out there.)

Otherwise, both Beaverton and Hillsboro are reasonably close. Portland isn't terrible, approx. 20-30 minute drive, assuming no traffic.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out hotels in the Tanasbourne and Orenco areas of Hillsborro. Marriott Residence Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Springhill Suites and more. Restaurants, including PF Changs, Whole Foods and New Seasons grocery stores and movie theater are all in the area. The Athletes Lounge Tri store is close by. And two or three Starbucks on every block.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is not much right near Hagg Lake. I stayed in Hillsboro last year. I think it was a bit longer than 10 mins to the race site...
Most people will stay in Hillsboro or Beaverton. We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites and will probably do so again this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to Stay...Age Group Nationals Portland Oregon... [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great place but they have had a waiting list for several months. Barb
Quote Reply