Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Assos chamois cream and other... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread sparked my interest as I have never used a chamois cream with "whoopee" so I went on a mission to try some on my 5 hour ride this weekend. I used assos and overall found the experience enjoyable. The whoopee factor only lasted a few minutes and wasn't unpleasant. But what I really enjoyed was the fact that the assos seemed to really work as I had no pain during or after the ride. I usually get some soreness after about 3 hours on the bike and I was good to go for 5 with the assos. I will be repeating the experiment during my next few rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Assos. I don't mind the menthol. It feels a little strange, but the feeling subsides quickly. Since I started using it, I haven't gotten any saddle sores.
Quote Reply
Re: Assos chamois cream and other... [kben102] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try ALCiS down there! It also is a pain relief cream and does not burn/cool/tingle/provide any awkward sensations except the great sensation of riding that bike seat!
: ) i use the stuff everywhere!!!
http://www.alcis.com

Isaiah 40:31 - Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... such products with menthol and/or witch hazel.

do these work for you gals? or is it better if your chamois cream doesn't have any whoopee in it?
Dude, you are good.
Quote Reply
Re: Assos chamois cream and other... [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would rather have non-methol or witch hazel. Therefore, I don't use those products. Tube dispension would be super too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... such products with menthol and/or witch hazel.

do these work for you gals? or is it better if your chamois cream doesn't have any whoopee in it?

Bought "whoopee lube" and tried it today. After 4 1/2 hours in 100+ degree heat, my answer is no to menthol. Riding with a tampon seemed to cause the menthol to creep up my vagina, causing what I remember as an irritant or even a chemical burning sensation.

At nearly 50 years old, I may not be as well naturally lubricated as the younger women, but I thought the point of this product was to provide comfort.

Also, from a potential cancer standpoint, exposing mucosal tissue for hours to silicone and menthol doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply

Prev Next