Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vredstein Fortezza vs Conti 3000 revisited
Quote | Reply
              Someone asked about these two tires a little while ago. I just want to pass on one more thing. Yesterday I put on two new Vredsteins and these were the easiest no tool installations I've ever done. Makes a big difference if you flat in a race and have to do it in a hurry. My wife used them last year with no flats and not much wear showing until she got on the trainer this winter. This year we will both be using them.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Vredstein Fortezza vs Conti 3000 revisited [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I asked about them, thanks.

The thing I am most concerned about is Puncture Resistency. A whole lot of people seem to use Continental tires, but Vredestein main adverstising thing is "Less Punctures'.

And I"m buying the new tires soon, and I still can't decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Vredstein Fortezza vs Conti 3000 revisited [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vredistein has a new tire out, the Fortezza TriComp Race, that seems to fit the bill better than the original. It has a smooth, dual compound tread section like Michelins, and handles slightly higher PSI, according to press releases. I'll be looking into them....

Of course Conti has the new Force and Attack pair with narrower, smooth tread front and wider, subtle grooved rear, that may be the ticket.

As I've posted recently, however, Michelin Pro Race and Race Lights are my current favorites, winning over this longtime Conti user. They have the best road feel of any clinchers I've ever ridden.
Quote Reply
Re: Vredstein Fortezza vs Conti 3000 revisited [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't need a smooth tire. I need a rigid, puncture resistent around 110-130 psi Training tire. The more weight I have on my bike while training, the lighter my race wheels will feel =)

Also, if anyone has a review abou the conti Force and Attack pair i'll be happy to see it .
Quote Reply