Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bad female cramps
Quote | Reply
Since we are all sharing all kinds of personal things....

I'm having nasty cramping after getting a minor procedure at the gyno office today. They are expected but I didn't realize they would hang on for so long. I've tried Advil and it didn't really seem to touch them.

Anyone have any tips? I'm sure some of you deal with these monthly.

I tried a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich but that didn't help either :-(

<edited to change the wording. It sounded like I had something done that I didn't)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: jenhs: Jul 2, 08 20:34
Quote Reply
Re: Bad female cramps [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
600 mg. of Motrin or Advil usually does the trick for me. MAybe try a heating pad & a big glass of wine if the drugs & ice cream aren't doing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ice cream is child's play. take the strongest narcotics you can find and top it off with some cabernet if necessary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I agree. Two Advils and a heating pad do it for me. Hope the worst is past by now.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad female cramps [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to take 4 aleve's. Now I seem to have a weird reaction to aleve and aspirin, I'm going to the dr. to find out why.
Heating pad for sure. I used to have cramps so bad I would go home from work. Feel like I was going to pass out.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad female cramps [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm feeling a little better. 3 Advils and a heating pad helped. Sleep always seems to make me feel better too.

Still some twinges but I'm sure they'll pass soon.

Stupid gyno. Messing around in there.....sheesh....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8 hour tylenols make sleeping an option :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 Advil and a double-shot margarita in a frosty salted glass, consumed while in the bathtub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bath. Baths solve just about every problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some health food stores sell a PMS mix of Cal/Mag with B6 (to reduce bloating). I now just take extra Cal/Mg when I get cramps and that helps quite a lot (Calcium helps to relax muscles, Mg with nerve transmission). I second the heat pad.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Bad female cramps [csb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baths, while lovely, may not be possible after a gyno procedure.

I swear by ANAPROX. My monthly savior. Unfortunately it's a script, but if your pain persists, I'd call the doc and ask for it. It's like taking 5 Aleve's at once. Lovely drug. Could not get through the first 2 days of a period without it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to the gym and doing core exercises has been a bit of a revelation for me ... I guess getting all the muscles working in a co-ordinated way helps stop them spasming ... or something. If only it helped with all the other uughy monthly symptoms!

Maybe worth a try before the serious drug regimen ...

Hope that you feel better soon - cramps suck!
Quote Reply