Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flip Flop
Quote | Reply
Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry renewed his call on Wednesday for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's resignation and said the official investigation into abuses at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison demonstrated a failure of civilian leadership.

So let me get this straight. Kerry thinks that Donald Rumsfeld should be fired for war crimes/atrocities commited at Abu Ghraib prison that he (Rumsfeld) didn't commit and wasn't in charge of, yet believes as a war criminal (as stated by Kerry in his own words) he (Kerry) should be president. Hmmm

"There are all kinds of atrocities and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50-caliber machine guns which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search-and-destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare. All of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down." Kerry said those who condoned or engaged in such activities were war criminals.

Flip Flop

Seems sort of funny you didn't hear anything coming from Kerry Camp when the 527s like MoveOn.org and Americans Coming Together, both of which are funded liberals such as George Soros had their ads going. A great example was the ad by MoveOn.org where they compared Bush to Hitler. Now that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are hurting Kerry in the Polls, 527s all of a sudden are really really bad. Funny how Kerry didn't denounce them when they were hurting Bush. In fact you didn't hear a peep out of the Kerry Camp, yet now they want them denounced when they are hurting him.

Flip Flop

The New Soldier

The book was written by John Kerry. The New soldier- Vietnam Veterans Against the War- First Printing. It is edited by David Thorne & George Butler. Copyright 1971.

The upside down flag on the cover of the book symbolizes the Left's feelings for America and the Constitution of the United States. This book reveals a different side of John Kerry, a side everyone should know before they go to the polls.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Flip Flop [TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So let me get this straight. Kerry thinks that Donald Rumsfeld should be fired for war crimes/atrocities commited at Abu Ghraib prison that he (Rumsfeld) didn't commit and wasn't in charge of, yet believes as a war criminal (as stated by Kerry in his own words) he (Kerry) should be president."

Sen Kerry said this stuff when he was 20something and just got back from war. It might have been wrong, but I think there are probably things that will change in your mind between 25 and 55. Also, many other people besides him, think that the guy in charge of the DoD should be responsible for what goes on in the DoD. Especially when those events are as blatant and in the international public eye as Abu Ghraib.

"A great example was the ad by MoveOn.org where they compared Bush to Hitler"

Comparing someone to Hitler is not the same as lying about events in a candidates life. If the SVBT is lying, then that is totally different from saying someone is a bad guy.

"The upside down flag on the cover of the book symbolizes the Left's feelings for America and the Constitution of the United States"

Fantastic. Everyone left of center hates the U.S. and its Constitution, and everyone right of center is a patriotic God-fearing American. What a constructive and accurate world view.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Flip Flop [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He first said, "we will win the war on terror" and now says "we cannot win the war on terror.""

I think it was pretty obvious if you saw the Pres. say those words what he meant. Reading it in print did not give the same meaning, but he has since explained that comment.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Incredible job, did you do all the studying for your comments on foxnews.com? Of course George Bush has never "flip flopped" (god I hate that word) on anything, but I did a little studying myself just to be absolutely certain:

Social Security Surplus:

3/3/2001 Pres. Bush: "We're going to keep the promise of Social Security and keep the government from raiding the Social Security surplus."

2/6/2002 NY Times Reports: The New York Times reported that "the president's new budget uses Social Security surpluses to pay for other programs every year through 2013, ultimately diverting more than $1.4 trillion in Social Security funds to other purposes"

OPEC:

1/26/2000: Pres Bush: "What I think the president ought to do [when gas prices spike] is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots...And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price."

4/1/2004: Miami Herald: With gas prices soaring in the United States at the beginning of 2004, the Miami Herald reported the president refused to "personally lobby oil cartel leaders to change their minds."

On Osama Bin Laden:

9/17/2001 Pres. Bush: "I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive."

3/13/2002 Pres. Bush: "I don't know where he is.You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him."

I have plenty more where those came from if you don't like those examples. If you are going to bring up things that you believe expose John Kerry as a weak presidential candidate find something that didn't come from the Public Adress System of the GOP. The Republican propaganda machine relys on you accepting their stories as gospel while immediately ignoring anything you hear from a democrat.

The prayer said at the beginning of the Republican National Convention on Monday symbolized the rights feelings for America and the Constitution. Apparently America is only for christians, and the Constitutional separation of church and state is worthless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kerry flip flops, Bush can't spell....

Quote Reply