Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Menopause Qs
Quote | Reply
Is it "normal" during menopause for a woman's desire for intamacy to drop to zero? Zip, zilch, nada. For what was once there to completely disappear? Does it ever return?

If it doesn't return, how do couples manage this suddenly lopsided relationship?

Thanks.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Menopause Qs [sc3826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's your training load? Cut back, see if that helps. Otherwise go tell yer doc. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Post deleted by timberdick [ In reply to ]
Re: Menopause Qs [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but that could take a long time

Greeeaaat. Thanks for the feedback. If she's not in the mood, she's not in the mood. Does the other person just accept that their sex life, too, is pretty much over?

!(@&!(*@~~~!!

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not sleep well last night thinking about our problem. I was hoping more people would respond, so more opinions would be on the table. I confess I've even read S. Summers book!!!! I ripped the cover off, so no one would see me reading her book. I feel there must be an answer. I'm assuming you are married, and making this far together, through, (I'm assuming again) many difficult times, seems unfair now to have to go through this. I'm planning on talking to my doctor, when I go to america in August. Hopefully, she will have some suggestions. Medical ones. And maybe more people will have suggestions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In answer to your question, yes menopause can definitely affect desire/arousal. There are other factors as well though. Feeling less sexy because of age, boredom even. I'm assuming it's not you but your partner that seems to be having the issues. Have you tried some things aimed at 'spicing' things up alittle bit? A romantic weekend getaway? Or sharing fantasies? Something different and out of your ordinary sexual habits could really put the zing back.

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes it's normal - the ovaries make more testosterone than estrogen - so when they are failing things shift.
there are many ways of aiding nature - from supplements to meds.....

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess we were a lucky couple... her desire dropped to zero but the good news was that she missed the fun. So she spent some time with doc and the physical chemistry is back. Thank goodness the frequency is less because those "moments" take a bit longer and are much more intense. I need the recovery time.

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I debated on responding to this but what the hell, maybe it will help someone. Mrs. LT in 83 started the change at about 40, I am 2 yrs. older. It was a tough 3-4 years in many ways. First, she hardly slept during this time period which is a horrible thing to go through. Sweating attacks all night, then cold. She was sol irritable from lack of sleep and downright irrational at times. We actually lost a few sets of friends during that time from her blowing up. (we have since reconciled) My normally mild-mannered wife was a raging lunatic. It was like "that time of the month" x 3. Add to that our oldest leaving for college and she was a real mess. Suffice it to say, it was probably the toughest time in our marriage. The sex life was not good. She was not feeling good so that complicated the changing hormone situation. She was not interested. It is tough because we don't have manopause and you have the imbalance in needs. I'd have to say you have to be very patient and exercise maximum communication during this time, and don't take it personally. Your new friend goes by the initials KY.

Seven years later she is coming out of it. Not many hot flashes anymore and her mood is pretty balanced again. She is a blur of energy and initiative. She has two businesses working and is converting all that energy she used to spend on our kids to making money. She started working out like a fiend at the start of menopause and that helped her the most. She battles fat settling in new places that she never had to deal with before. She refers to it as her "rum belly" which cracks me up. She has really gotten into fashion for some reason now and she looks great. We'll be empty nesters this fall. Looking forward to what that does for the romantic life.

Re: Menopause Qs [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you my husband? You are describing me? How scary is that> It's so difficult to put into words how the whole menopause thing makes one feel. and you did it. Maybe reading a man describe it makes it different. Thank you very much. It does help. And the part about "fat" appearing in new places......hate that!!!. Seven Years!!! Your wife is a very strong woman. And you must be a very strong man. Thanks again
Quote Reply