Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/23/08
Quote | Reply
Didn't see this up yet.
How did it go everyone?

I missed 1 workout due to the pool heater being broken and I could only take the cold water for 30 mins. I never got warm, and my feet were really hurting. I had ran to the pool from my house (~8mi away) and was relying on a friend to take me home, so going home to get the wetsuit and come back wasn't an option... plus, even if I had done that with a car as soon as I arrived I wouldn't have gotten much of a workout in anyway. So I let it go.

Otherwise, all the other workouts went pretty well - my long ride was cut short by thunderstorms on Saturday so I finished it up in my basement on the trainer.
My long run yesterday afternoon went much better than expected.

Oh, and I asked my husband and he says I'm looking lean!
Nutrition went fairly well this week too.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/23/08 [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week

1) -Enjoy my recovery week -- I did so so with goal 1. My recovery week was lower in volume than past weeks but the coach through in a few harder runs including mile repeats at the track (which I hate). I managed to meet all of the run times I was given and complete the workouts so I was happy with that. I did miss 1 ride this weekend -- my longish (2 hours) bike. I tried to get it done on Sat but the rains came. I then planned on getting it done on Sunday after race volunteering but I was too tired (see below). Overall grade -- B. Missed a workout but that just meant more recovery, right?

2) Volunteer at a tri on Sunday -- I not only volunteered at the bike/run out on Sunday but for 4 hours of packet pickup on Saturday. It was a good time but extremely tiring. Overall grade -- A+

3) Have 5 out of 7 days with calories in = calories out. -- I believe I met my goal. I think was 4/7 but a couple of days were hard to track as I was out of town and eating out a bunch. I tried my best to find equivalents in my online tracker. I was low for 2 days and over for 1. Grade C. Even thought I was 4/7, I didn't eat very balanced or healthy.

Goals for next week -- Long ride on tri bike and hit my 5/7 calories in = calories out in my tracker (and if I am low, only be low by 100).

Have a good week everyone!
Last edited by: instigator: Jun 23, 08 10:56
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/23/08 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about this thread as I sat on my ass all day yesterday and didn't do a lick of exercise.

Overall a bad week- no aquathlon, didn't go to swim class on Sun or do a long ride with the bike club Sun (see above)

Nutrition- still birthday cake in the house..

Overall grade for the week- C

This week's goals:

ride to work mon and tues, aquathlon Wed
Going to San Diego for a conference thurs-sun, get in some good workouts in the nice cool CA air
big green salad mon-wed, and while in SD
re-energize after a poor showing last week

Have a great week everyone!!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/23/08 [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a very nice 62 mile bike tour yesterday, which hopefully will serve to get my butt back in gear and in the saddle again. The week ahead has all been planned, now all I have to do is do it!

Have a great week everybody.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i weighed in at 2 pounds under my peak IM fitness load. whoo hoo!

this is the lowest weight in a long time. years? i don't know, but i'm only 10 or so pounds away from my goal. WHOO HOO!
Last edited by: kittycat: Jun 23, 08 12:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well I managed to not only cancel out my weight loss from the week before but add a pound to it. I am going to say its water retention and leave it at that. If there by next week then that is trouble!
didnt hit my run total, got a couple of rides in including one 80 miler, wanted to get in the water 3x but did just 2x. Overall a C for the week, with an A minus long ride. Oh but I didnt eat enough during that one so maybe I will reduce that to a Bplus :(
This week will be better! well, didnt start off too great with a bagel and cream cheese, but it will get better!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for starting the thread this week!!

I had a great week even though I didn't get all my workouts in. Often when I have a disrupted week (kids off school, 2 graduations to go to, out of town trip to pack for, etc), I end up doing almost nothing. But, last week I still stayed on top of my running and nutrition, so that's a good week for me.

Still trying to figure out what marathon I want to run. Looking for something in November or December. Richmond and Space Coast are now two that I'm considering.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/23/08 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decent week - got all workouts in, again not always in the form I expected or planned for them to be but did get them in! FINALLY hit the double-digit workout mark (as in over 10 hours!). I know for some here that's every week but me, I've been trying to get there for a while. My long ride got rained out so I spent 2 hr 15 min on the stationary bike at the Y, ugh. That was the one thing I wasn't so happy about ... IF I hadn't switched some things around I would have done the long ride earlier in the week, but, then wouldn't have gotten my one lake/wetsuit swim in. So maybe it was a good trade-off after all. Also did a solo mini-triathlon which was fun. (swam in a lake, biked on a beautiful country road, ran. :-) duh.)

Was away from home. Getting in my core/stretching is seeming to be a real challenge. Only did each twice. Food was fair. Have done almost NO workouts with my team but since I'm away that's the way it has to be.

From now on till my half-race:
every week at least 10 hours, pref. closer to 12-13
DO CORE/STRETCH/ETC. 3x week

Next week will be a challenge, I'm away from home again but this time not in the country in a city, hopefully can get everything done. Will post something else with a question.

Thanks again all!
Mindy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: Get back on the good nutrition track. CHECK. Did much better.

Race one night on the track. CHECK. Actually raced twice.

Weekend will be spent at the track volunteering for a big meet but I'm taking my bike and maybe will get a little riding time in. WHAT A FUN WEEKEND! On my feet all day Saturday in 100F weather volunteering. Spectated Friday night. Stayed out Saturday night until 2AM with some bike boys. Ran on Sunday.

For this week: Track twice. Travel--work out both days I'm gone.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm taking a pass since I was super sick...even the thought of stretching took a lot of energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's recovery week for me after my epic training weekend for IMLP. I ran 20 miles Saturday and rode 120 on Sunday. Overall I feel pretty good, but when I went for a swim this morning my arms were dead. Shouldn't my legs be dead instead? Oh well. 27 days to Placid!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, i had a pretty ok week. of course, it was a recovery one.

but i did much better with nutrition - even losing 1/2 a lb with reduced volume and i didn't miss a session.

this weeks goals.

BIG NUMBER 1. keep a good attitude. i've got my first 180k ride of the year coming up this weekend and i'm already dreading it (doesn't help that coachie reminded me that this is 1 of 3 of these to go).

2. keep on plugging away at eating better. helps to only have good stuff in the house.

3. try to be less grumpy at work. i'm getting tired of training people that wind up not getting hired on (to take on the majority of my hours so i can go PT again) and i'm starting to grump out at my co-workers.

have a happy week ladies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LAST WEEK'S GOALS:

1) Run workouts - get 2x15k runs in this week
Was a little short on that! Solid 10K plus a bunch of 7-8K runs.
Grade: C

2) Watch that junk food intake!
Not bad. Went to a race on Sunday and had a few people comment I was much thinner then same race last year.
Grade: A
3) Have fun at the SF tri on Sunday :) First tri of the season :)
WOOOOO HOOOO! Had a blast. Worked race kit pick up for 1.5 hours before race, saw a lot of people I know AND...was 2nd in my AG! MY time was 2 mins better then last year and had my best 5K of the year! WOOOOO
GRADE: A+++

4) Enjoy the training - I have 18 hours scheduled. Oy.
Yep, enjoyed. Think I got in like 14 hours but they were all pretty solid hours.
Grade B-

THIS WEEK:

1) Run 2x15K! No choice as the Peterborough Half is here an next week is taper.

2) One more long ride (Weds night)

3) Make the workouts solid, not just namby-pamby crap.

4) start holidays! I am off for 10 days and can.not.wait.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike went from next to nothing to 177 miles, and I did my first century ride. A+

Run last week: 18 miles. That's okay. Swam 6,000 yards. Okay. Plus I worked in some Pilates. So a B- for the other sports.

Food was decent. I have really cut back on the diet sodas. I might have lost a little weight during the week but it found me on the century ride on Sunday. Too many rest stops w/ PB&J. :(

This week I am taking my kid to camp on Saturday and doing a HIM on Sunday. Don't have high hopes for the HIM -- trying to see it as a long training day and make the best of it. The swim and the bike will be fine, but I am going to hurt on the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was sort of so-so last week. I missed a few workouts but it was a recovery week, so I'm choosing not to sweat that. I was really diligent on my stretching/rolling of tight spots at the beginning of the week and then sort of lost focus. Was proud of the fact that I did my "long bike" (an hour and a half) on the trainer, as the weather was fairly crappy on Sunday. I did so-so eating wise, I'm definitely having a hard time switching the caloric intake to match the reduced training hours - it felt like I was hungry all the time!

Next week's goals:
- Don't kill anyone during the two weeks of tapering coming up.
- Don't eat everything in sight and try to eat as healthily as possible.
- Stretch/roller, etc.
- Work on mental preparation for race - think positive thoughts, etc.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A(frikkin)+ for me!!!

Hit goal for my IM which was to set a PR. Smoked the run and set a 21 minute run PR over my previous 2 IMs, 12 minute overall PR with a horrible swim so I feel really good that I was able to pull it out and cross the line in 15:36. This will be my last IM for a couple years while I pursue my ultramarathon goals so it is great to put it to rest on such a high note.

This week is about recovery and eating well to help my body heal. My only other plan for the season is to crew a runner at Badwater ultra in 2 weeks then from there who knows, whatever I feel like doing!

I'll write up a new goals email once I get myself together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply