Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You know you are aging when.... [cindyloohoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
  • it takes all day for goggle eyes to disappear
  • you re-evaluate losing too much weight so the wrinkles don't become too accentuated

OMG, too funny! I can totally relate! I'm always so jealous of my kids, because at 14 and 11 their goggle eyes are basically gone by the time they are out of the locker room after practice. My goggle eyes take all day to go away, and sometimes longer! I did a 10K swim this past weekend, and my goggles were on for so long that I swear that the marks were still there when I swam my next practice 48 hours later.

Now that I'm past 40, I've definitely decided that my face looks better at my current weight than it did when I was 10 lbs. lighter a few years ago. And I'm not super motivated to lose the weight for that very reason. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [cindyloohoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You know you are aging when:
  • you read Nora Ephron's "I feel bad about my neck" and GET IT

I've intentionally resisted buying this book beause of my fear that I too will get it.
  • You use tweezers to pluck more hairs from your chin than your brows
  • it takes all day for goggle eyes to disappear

Check
  • you re-evaluate losing too much weight so the wrinkles don't become too accentuated

I'm good friends with twins who are my age. One of them is always telling her sister to put on weight for that very reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I get elbow wrinkles when my arms are in the areo pads. Also as I age the veins in my arms and hands are more noticeable. When I was younger it made me look fit. At my age though veins are making me look old! I wear full gloves for riding even in the summer. What about knee wrinkles?? Man the list goes on!!

That book I feel Bad about my Neck was sooo funny and true.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The knee wrinkles suck.
Quote Reply

Prev Next