Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what do you call it when............
Quote | Reply
We have several terms my friends and I use for people who whine and complain about everything from not enough training time, this hurts, my bike is not working etc. And then win the race! sand bagging is the most popular term. Or we use not so nice phrase, "They have sand in their vagina. We seem to use that phrase referring to males or females. what terms or phrases do you have to describe these annoying athletes?
Quote Reply
Re: what do you call it when............ [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doug and Wendy Whiner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Whiners

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was competing in track when I was younger we had this one guy who whined through every workout (quite a talented athlete though and always did very well in his races). I was 10 or 11 at the time so my rude vocabulary hadn't really developed yet, but I always used to call him a bitch. Guys have never taken to that too well.
I use "get the sand out of your vagina" with my boys all the time (and they say it to eachother, yet they never say that to me... hmmmm... lol), but it doesn't seem to have the effect you would hope it would.

Quote | Reply
Vaginitis. Particularly good for males.

Me to complaining husband: "what's the matter, is your vaginitis acting up again?" This comment is often followed by my offering a remedy, typically Massengill or Geritol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't typically take offense to stuff like this, as I grew up with three older brothers... but timberDICK, you've posted some responses on this forum that border on rude (i.e. email string on fear of snakes). I mean, I haven't been on this forum for that long, so perhaps I'm just not used to your 'personality'... but you sound rather bitter. If you're not having fun training, competing or whatever, and you've reduced yourself to finding a 'name' for fellow athletes that seem to be more gifted than you are, or insulting people that you don't even know who have a fear of snakes, then you obviously got too much time on your hands.
Quote Reply
Re: what do you call it when............ [tlmanella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When the hell did the mood go to shit around here??

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa... I agree with Jen. I actually find this thread pretty funny (though I think we would get some better answers from the regular forum). I don't think you need to be getting all pissy about this one.

Well there's another on for ya that I've used, "Stop being such a pissy pants!" lol

Quote | Reply
Alright, alright... but hell, you're gonna get a cranky woman on The Women's forum once in a while :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Alright, alright... but hell, you're gonna get a cranky woman on The Women's forum once in a while :P
Well you're gonna have to stop being such a pissy pants or we're gonna send you over to the Lavender Room haha :D

**note: definitely meant to be a joke! :)**

Quote | Reply
Are you calling me a DICK? That's really clever and creative of you. good one. Like I haven't heard that before. I'm not bitter at all. I know actually what my ability level is. And I'm honest about my level of athletics. those other "gifted" people who sand bag are not honest. Actually, it's more about a lack of confidence, and sometimes I and some of my friends just get tired of constantly reassuring them. and to keep our sanity, we tried to come up with a term as a joke to let them know what they are doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just as bad as whiners are bailers. People who make a plan and then bail on it. I know a couple who do this and we secretly call them "The Bailers" but would enjoy something a bit more witty.
Quote Reply
Re: what do you call it when............ [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/url]so,what do we call a person who doesn't go to a race cuz they don't feel trained enough or are in a race funk...
.....whiner, bailer, a complainer, or too much sand in the vagina or bad case
of vaginitis or perhaps a princess diva....or......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have sand in their vagina

Hmm, interesting....I've never heard this phrase. Is that to suggest that women are inherently whiny?

Last edited by: squid: Jun 17, 08 8:58
Quote Reply
Re: what do you call it when............ [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or perhaps it is just that sex on the beach is HIGHLY overrated.

I assumed that this thread was light hearted. Did I miss something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In college swimming those people were called "Sammy Save-Ups". Always pissed everyone who'd been busting their ass the whole set when they got blown away on the last "fast" interval.

My favorite saying, which my husband now uses too is "Suck It Up Princess" - that goes for whiners, quitters, DNS'ers, DNF'ers, complainers, you name it, if it fits... in fact, I got called out this morning on the bike ride into work...

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: what do you call it when............ [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sammy Save-ups/ I'll try that one the my one friend who is so guilty of this behavior. She was a big time college swimmer in her day. I think the pressure of olympic trials actually ruined her self confidence. But now she just drives everyone insane. I used to sand bag, or have sand in the vagina until a friend called me a bagger.
Quote Reply
Re: what do you call it when............ [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like "suck it up buttercup!" Just has a good ring to it :)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If she was a college swimmer, she may know exactly what your talking about! :)

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply