Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

p2k wheel size
Quote | Reply
I am in the market to upgrade my bike and it seems that the p2k is the best bike for me (although I'm still considering Felt or Yaqui.) My dilemma is this: I'm 6 feet tall so I suspect I would need at least a 55cm frame on the P2K, but I would like to continue using my 650 HED H3 trispoke. From what I can tell, the largest size Cervelo sells with 650s is the 54. Is this true? If not, would it be okay to put the 650 trispoke on the front and keep the 700 on the back? Or is that just foolish.

Thanks

T
Quote Reply
Re: p2k wheel size [tsul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in my opinion, sell your wheels. At 6 feet tall, you need 700s. As to mixing wheels, im not an expert, but I wouldn't do it. Don't take my advice on that one though.
Quote Reply
Re: p2k wheel size [tsul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct that 54cm is the largest current 650c size. Having said that you may be able to find a 57cm 650c P2K. We have the '01 version in stock (at a clearout price).

As for what size of wheels you *should* be riding, I don't believe that it is much of an issue. Riders with shorter inseams should be on 650c in order to allow them to get into low aerobar positions, but a larger rider will be able to ride either wheelsize. If you like your wheels stick with 650c - as long as you can find a P2K (or whatever you choose) in a size that will fit you.

You don't want to use a 650c front wheel on a frame designed for 700c. It will negatively effect the geometry and handling of the bike.
Last edited by: Dan Rishworth: Mar 28, 03 14:54
Quote Reply