Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

looking for a coach
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a coach to do my first triathlon. I live in Los Angeles, (the South Bay part) and would like to find someone who can help me get started. I really need some help. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Lynn
Quote Reply
Re: looking for a coach [lynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey Lynn,

shoot an email to Mike Plumb at tripower2000@msn.com

he is in San Diego, so not too far, and is very affordable (and good :-) )
Quote Reply
Re: looking for a coach [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone have exprience with online or over the phone coaches? how was it?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Rich Strauss or one of his coaches at www.cruciblefitness.com. They're close to you in the LA area. Rich lives in Monrovia. I just started w/Rich this January but am paying close attention to his methods. Rich is a Friel associate. He and his coaches lean heavily on those methods for their coaching. They are well aquainted with power training.

I do all my interaction online or over the phone since I am on the east coast. No dramas. I get all I need. But I have been at this tri/du thing a long time, so Rich doesn't have to explain all the details. If you are a newbie, I'd probably stick with someone who can put eyes on you.
Quote Reply
Re: looking for a coach [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used Sonni Dyer at TriMyCoach.com for duathlon and for a marathon. Pulled some things out of me I didn't know I had. Instead of training for 2 sports - biking and running - he somehow made it one sport. Good recovery strategies, work/rest cycles that I would have never figured out for myself. Good on-line relationship, very tolerant of dumb questions, good user of positive reinforcement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second Francois.

Mike Plumb - there is NO ONE better, especially for the $$. Guaranteed. If you want more info on Mike, feel free to email me directly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Bentley is great. You can contact him at coachsb@attcanada.ca.
Quote Reply