Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm such a loser (on topic, but can't bear to post in main forum)
Quote | Reply
I went on vacation in Oregon last week. It was fabulous -- mountains, lakes, forests, family. However . . . my last run (and last workout -- unless 6 hours on horseback counts) was Monday. It's Saturday night; I'm about to polish off a bottle of cheap Pinot Grigio and I'm scheduled to run 16 miles tomorrow. I can't imagine how that is going to happen. I'm supposed to be in training for the Chicago marathon on Oct. 10. I'm not sure I could be any less motivated. And to top it off, I really don't want to go back to work on Monday.

C'mon Elwood -- say something offensive to fire me up:)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm such a loser (on topic, but can't bear to post in main forum) [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elwood told me to tell you that women are too delicate to run marathons anyway. Don't you have some needlepoint or something?

And you're a drunk.

;)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: I'm such a loser (on topic, but can't bear to post in main forum) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you are helping vitus.

Enjoy the wine. Hopefully in a few days the spirit will be back. Don't force it. You have probably earned the break. More than likely, a week or two after you get the spirit back, you will be stronger for the time off.
Quote Reply
Chicago??? [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's just a fun run. I did it four times, '80-'84. Heck, it's flat and cool, what's the problem. You're probably a Democrat (Chicago? What else would you be?) Democrats usually bail out on commitments and then claim that whatever they did was what they meant to do and it's a personal matter anyway, and no one's bidness but yours. How was that?

Since it's a run, I can't even suggest that your skirt might get caught in yer chain...

Don't commit to 16 tomorrow, just go long and slow and see what you get. The motivation may come back while you're running. If not today, then soon enough. Remember, you have to periodize for running too.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago??? [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys for the funny, sympathetic, and as close to nice as Elwood gets feedback. I skipped Sunday entirely, but was back out on the road first thing this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm such a loser (on topic, but can't bear to post in main forum) [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amy,

Don't beat yourself up on this. Skipped workouts are just that - skipped workouts and nothing else. It's not like anybody is paying you big bucks to do tris, etc. Remember that you're on a holiday. You'll get back into a more normal routine starting Monday.
Quote Reply
Atta girl!! [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Masochistic self-flagellation (aka triathlon/marathon training) is a compulsive behavior. The guilt you'd feel from missed workouts was bound to catch up sooner or later...

Not to mention how much you'd miss the pain!

Welcome back.

Who says I'm not nice. I'm the nicest guy I know. Show me the arrogant dickweed who says otherwise, and I'll carve him a new one.

¦:o)/

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amy,

Where are your priorities? Skipping a workout for cheap Pinot Grigio? I'll be skipping a long workout on September 5, but only for the '94 Cabernet that we will have at Tribute as part of our tenth anniversary dinner.
Quote Reply