Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Great Workouts today
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to share the "love". I had a GREAT 5.5 mile run sprinkled with 30 sec intervals. I felt really good and strong throughout the run.
Then I hit my master's swimming workout and although at first I was feelin' the run a bit, that went away after 500m and I had a great night of swimming too, aside from the pool being freezing. I am able to do a better pace in the 50m outdoor pool than last summer and get out of the pool feeling less taxed.

Anyone else have a great workout this week they'd like to talk about?
Quote Reply
Re: Great Workouts today [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a great one on Sunday. Last week I really struggled with motivation and tiredness. I took M - W off completely then slowly came back into things. Friday was a very strong 2000y open water swim. Saturday I had a fun 2 hour run. Sunday was an 80 mile ride on my schedule that I wasn't looking forward to. Weather was questionable, cold and a little windy. Turned out to be one of my strongest rides this season. I was flying, for me. For a change, I was being held back instead of being the one holding others back.

It is amazing what a couple days rest will do for ya!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Great Workouts today [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a great swim class on Sunday. We did an 800 TT and I PR'd by over a minute! That was after having a great 7 mile run.

I'm not training for a race right now, so I make sure all my workouts are fun and enjoyable, but still beneficial.

IMAZ training will start early next year and I want to be hungry for training hard!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
200 fly in 2:12 yesterday. Ooops, wait, that was a dream because my shoulder's bugging me. (sorry... very cranky...)

Seriously - had a good bike ride yesterday, island riding is nice. Seal Cove and Northeast and Sargent Drive, EagleLakeRoad back to town and then a loop around Main St. Cottage St. West St... any time you can get Seal Cove, Sargent Drive, and downtown Bar Harbor it is a good ride!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>Anyone else have a great workout this week they'd like to talk about?<<

I had a HUGE breakthrough on the track last night.
Full report is here: http://ironclm.typepad.com/...wednesday-night.html

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a great bike ride last night! I've been working my ass of to gain speed, and last night I did hill intervals and still managed to get over 20mph, which is HUGE for me!

BTW- I saw you're in Ypsilanti, I'm in AA- what master's swim do you go to? I just went to fuller pool master's class for the first time Monday and LOVE it!
Quote Reply
Re: Great Workouts today [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with ya TC! I am dreaming about going for a run but I pulled and/or tore something in my calf on Saturday and I'm not supposed to run 7-10 days....5 left (I was bad and went for a run and it hurt, so that reset the clock). I'm having a hard time even getting motivated to go to the pool since I can't run. And I'm very grumpy!

I am particularly dreaming about a nice 9 mile run I do through a botanical garden. It's very hilly, but very beautiful and when I started running again it hurt, now when I do the run it goes by so quickly and I don't notice the hills. It makes me feel good about my running. I'm looking forward to doing it next week (I hope).
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Jun 5, 08 12:30
Quote Reply
Re: Great Workouts today [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm having a hard time even getting motivated to go to the pool since I can't run.[/quote]
you're killing me... do you know what I would give to be able to swim right now... SUCK IT UP AND GO SWIM.

I have an appt with a PT tomorrow. I am happy. They can work magic with things like ultrasounds and ionophoresis, and maybe I will be doing freestyle, rather than 1.2 miles of single arm butterfly on Sunday. Because I am a good little butterflier but I do not think 1.2 mi of single arm fly is going to happen.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply