Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sports Bras
Quote | Reply
My fiancee has started going to the gym, come on some of my runs (at the park) and is generally getting more active. Can you give recommendations for decently priced sports bras, around $20-$30? We're saving for our wedding but she doesn't want her girls to be flopping around because the one sports bra she owns is in the laundry.

Thanks!

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bras [damnilocano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my experience there aren't any good sports bras in the $20-$30 range. I usually have to spend around $50, if I can get a deal. Proper support is much more important that saving $20 in this department!

Quote | Reply
I've found that Champion make good quality bras that range in the mid-$30. Check out some options here:

http://www.bradiva.com/.../champion/index.html

Plus, the shop is owned by an STer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teamestrogen.com has some good bras on sale. I recommend the Motion Sensor bra by Hind, the only sports bra that worked for my first trimester pregnancy breast pain; if she's bigger than a C cup the Enell and Nexus may work well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had some good sports bras in that price rang from target - champion brand. However, I am not "large" in that area. If the fiancee is well-endowed, you need to spend some dough to get the proper support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about sports bras, but I'd recommend this site: http://www.herroom.com/...a-videos,301,30.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a quick note that Champion probably is the best bet for "cheaper" yet good sports bras. But also wanted to say that the Hind Motion Sensors are on clearance all over the internet (including my store) for $24, which is half price. It's a good way to get a great deal on a really good sports bra, especially if you're on a budget. Saucony bought Hind, so we're all clearing out our Hind branded merchandise to make way for the Saucony branded stuff (same bras, just different branding).

Em

------------------------------------------------------------
Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work for FLeet Feet Sports and we do a custom bra fit for customers. We are all trained on a huge selection of sports bras and will measure, recommend and fit her in a bra. Most bras start in the mid $30 range. Sports bras can be worn many times between washings. Be sure she is not putting her sports bras in the dryer,this will shorten the life of the bra. The bras are made to last for about 50-60 washings.
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bras [amt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Washings: Does this include 'all' sports bra's or just the brands Fleet sells?

I had NO idea~!!! I need to go shopping I think. :)

Quote | Reply
I wash mine once a week - usually try and get 4 runs (so 1 week) out of them. If it's ridiculously hot and made me overly sweaty one day though I will wash after. The less you wash, the longer you get to use them!
Great tip... thought everyone did this.

Quote | Reply
"Sports bras can be worn many times between washings." Really I had no idea. I wash mine after every workout. I get so sweaty my bras are soaking wet after. Do you rinse them and hang them up?? I throw mine right in the dryer after washing too. I've been doing this for years no wonder my bras seem to have no suppot after a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bras [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't rinse mine before hanging up, but then again mine aren't soaking wet after (from time to time they are and I just throw them in the wash). Definitely never put them in the dryer. I'd say that the dryer is a bra graveyard - no bras should find themselves in there!

Quote | Reply
Wow, I wash mine everytime I wear it. How does the Hind sensor rank next to t he CWX?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Underarmor have great ones and if you can find an outlet center around your house, you can pick them up for $19.99 (they can cost $40-50) in the sports stores
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bras [bdiva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! I was just thinking I needed a few new bras so I placed an order.
Quote Reply