Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: the accidental anorexic? inadvertantly not eating enough. [iwjocelyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I didn't think it was insensitive... I knew exactly what you meant!

Quote | Reply
thanks :) just covering all my bases here...I didn't think I was being insensitive, but I'm all too familiar with how choice of words can be misinterpreted on a public forum. bleah.

:: I came, I saw, I conquered. then I ran out of money, crashed into a car during an Ironman, and now work a bad-ass job making prosthetic legs for wounded warriors. ::

the blog: My So-Called Civilian Life :: theWongstar.com :: follow me @theWongstar
Quote Reply
Re: the accidental anorexic? inadvertantly not eating enough. [Diana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi Diana!

thanks for the note. frankly I'm surprised that there aren't more discussions on people not getting enough calories when training heavy loads.

yup we met at WTH! you were the one in the Mark Allen clothes hanging out with the Mad Cows? congrats on a great race! I got completely schooled by your entire age group. :) turning 40 never looked so good... I met Sinclair just a month prior at Ironman China, so I think we were a little more heat acclimated than most. hehe.

take care,
Jocelyn

:: I came, I saw, I conquered. then I ran out of money, crashed into a car during an Ironman, and now work a bad-ass job making prosthetic legs for wounded warriors. ::

the blog: My So-Called Civilian Life :: theWongstar.com :: follow me @theWongstar
Quote Reply
Re: the accidental anorexic? inadvertantly not eating enough. [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I for one am relieved we aren't turning into the regular forum here.

I always go back on forth on how much to eat. I worked with a nutritionist on and off for a year and she kept telling me to eat more. I tracked my calories faithfully and managed to put on 10lbs. If I went up over 1700 calories a day for the days I do an hour workout I put on weight. I am only 5'2" so 5lbs on me make a huge difference.

What I've found helps is fueling during my one hour workouts. I use Accelerade and if I do that I still eat less and feel strong.

I've heard that when you increse your calories to what the conventional wisdom says is the right number you can end up putting on a few pounds before it levels off and you start to lose again. Is that true?

I am really paranoid about my weight because I lost 40 lbs a couple years ago, put 20 back on over the last 2 years then lost that again this fall. It is horrible and I worry about it.

For getting in calories, don't get the lowfat of anything. Not even ice cream. It is pretty amazing the difference between low fat and regular foods. Think calorie density. Have dressing on your veggies, full fat yogurt with your fruit, etc.

I wish I could eat lots and lots.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next