Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Definitely not a morning person, TTT
Quote | Reply
I decided to get up and run before work today, as I am doing master's swim tonight and packing for TTT. Well, the run went HORRIBLY. I started out really fast, as it was cold (45F) and by the end I was wishing I was able to teleport myself back to my bed. I was decrepit! I can run better after master's swim practice in the evening than I can in the am! ug!

Anyway, anyone else doing TTT? I'll be there.
First time, I expect to be BOP.
Quote Reply
Re: Definitely not a morning person, TTT [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also not a first thing in the morning runner. I can only have a decent run after being up for about an hour to an hour and half and eating a good breakfast which is impossible when I have to leave for work by 7am. Now I can jump on the trainer or in the pool right after getting up.

I will be at the TTT! One member of Team Bootyilicous Tribabes. I had originally partnered up with Gazelle but she won't be able to make it so I have a new teammate, a male from Ohio, who I have only spoken to via email. I am a little nervous on that front but I was honest about my expectations of what I could do for the weekend and he still wanted to be partners. And best of yet, he loved the team name and promised to bring me to a local dairy bar for some post race ice cream and grease. Who could ask for more?

I expect us to be BOP!! And possibly last.

See you there!
Deanna
Quote Reply
Re: Definitely not a morning person, TTT [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also not a morning person but I can function, just not talk. I'll be there this weekend. Racing Solo and hopfully not the DFL but more than likely BOP. Getting excited and having weird dreams...does this happen to anyone else..the weird dreams part.
See yall' there.

Chris

2015 Season: American TTT
Ironman Louisville.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, maybe you are racing with my buddy and team-mate Barry?

i will be there Saturday and promise to holler at you all! i will probably have on a big ass sunhat and sunglasses. :)

as for the morning, ladies, seriously do not worry about it too much. the environment will be great and full charged. you will be so tired that you'll hit the sack early and be ready to rumble. if you are coffee drinkers, just have some coffee--you will be good to go, surprisingly. the air is so nice at Shawnee, it is really energizing and the lake this time of year is always really nice! plus it should be a bit cold, which will wake you up in no time! LOL :)
Quote Reply
Re: Definitely not a morning person, TTT [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am racing with your friend Barry! Well at least his name is Barry and he is from Ohio. Hopefully, he isn't expecting to win!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool! I may be close to last, Fri. evening I'll be wearing a local club's visor and we're getting a group photo afterwards, then the rest of the weekend I'm in a yellow visor...
5'4", long brown hair, red and black QR tequilo with red bar tape on the cow horns and black bar tape on the aero bars...
I run in blue and white reeboks
Adrienne
Quote Reply
Re: Definitely not a morning person, TTT [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am confident we all run into each other sometime over the weekend. But just in case- I am 5'2", brownish/blond hair, will be riding an orange and blue serotta road bike with clips ons and blue bar tape (didn't get the confidence to ride the new tri bike on all those hills), and will likely have on a white cap with a red chick that is the logo for my coaches company -- Max Multisport. My running shoes are plain boring ascis 2100 series.

My number is 224!

See everyone tomorrow!
Deanna
Last edited by: instigator: May 22, 08 8:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I'll be there and looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm tallish..5"10" short grayish hair and riding a Yellow/Black Javelin and I'm #228 and will be hanging in the BOP
See ya soon,
Chris

2015 Season: American TTT
Ironman Louisville.
Quote Reply
Re: Definitely not a morning person, TTT [chrisrunzs26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff! See ya tomorrow. I had a 12-27 rear cassette put on my tri bike, so my lowest gear will be a 39-27!
Should be OK, according to my 'gear expert' - I rode up Mt. Lemmon in Tucson with a road bike and compact set up and had a 34-27 with 700c wheels, and my 'gear expert' says that should be about the same as a 650c tri bike with the 39-27.
HOpe it's enougH!!!!
WHeeee!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am racing with your friend Barry! Well at least his name is Barry and he is from Ohio. Hopefully, he isn't expecting to win!

no, no, no. he is Mr. Easy. you will see, he is a really great person, totally supportive and a good bud. you'll see. don't worry about his expectations, he will just go with it and be happy to be out there and make it through (i know him and we talked many times about it already!). so, no need to worry about his thoughts, or how he will feel racing with you. he will be happy to be out there just doing this much mileage. there couldn't be a better person to do TTT with! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deanna, have a great race and enjoy yourself! Hope the hill climbing comes together for you!
Quote Reply