Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is it me or does all reggae sound the same?
Quote | Reply
My co-worker decided to put on the music yesterday and since his new boyfriend is Jamaican, he put on reggae. All of it sounds exactly alike. I had to blast some KISS Alive in the car to get the pot-smoking beat out of my head. It just droned in my head and I could not get rid of the sound. I actually had a bad headache from it!!!!

I just wanted to sit around, twisting my dreadlocks and smoke pot. Not a good feeling when you have to get work done.

Last tirade: Isn't Rastafarianism all about bad hygiene and drug abuse? All it seems that they do is grow their hair, twist it into ropes (for the gods to pull them into heaven), and smoke pot.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it me or does all reggae sound the same? [HRH bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As usual Bunnyman you have told the truth.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it me or does all reggae sound the same? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on a related note, I listened to your CD

I hate country

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Is it me or does all reggae sound the same? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh come now! That isn't the shit coming outta Nashville that cd is %100 wierdo country. Great stuff! Relisten to Southren Culture On The Skids and get back to me. How could you not like Whiskey Town?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it me or does all reggae sound the same? [HRH bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try a little Dread Zeppelin - that'll cheer you up...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc382/rockgold.html
(Norman Rockwell's "Do Unto Others")
Quote Reply
Re: Is it me or does all reggae sound the same? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How could you not like Whiskey Town?
The band or the song?

When it comes to Reggae, Bob Marley is the one and only reggae artist to me. The rest are just a bunch of imitators.

Interestingly enough, I wrote a paper on Rastifarians in college. I thought it was the coolest subject since I was known to partake in the ganja ocassionally. Rastifarianism is a religion, if your willing to go that far, that believes in a living god and a place called Zion. Haile Selassie, the living god, was crowned the new king of Ethiopia. His real name was Prince Ras Tafari Makonnen. Hence the name Rastafarian. He was the living god and Ethiopia was Zion. I found it's history interesting. Go here to learn more http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/rast.html.

I'm glad there's another person who's willing to admit that they listen to KISS. I've been a listener since '75-'76. My KISS Alive II LP simply wore out. I wasn't real big during the unmasked years and am glad the original band is back together and in makeup.

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: Is it me or does all reggae sound the same? [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it is an interesting religion.

If you're having trouble getting into reggae, buy "Sandanista" buy The Clash. That way you get some excellent dub reggae as well as semi punk type stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it me or does all reggae sound the same? [Yurtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have listened to "Sandanista" by the Clash. Good record (I had it on vinyl).
Quote Reply