Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

more on the Hed bars ....
Quote | Reply
Just finished reading the update on the Hed bars and had a few thoughts ..... If the bars are way more aero than a Profile stoker base bar with a Syntace C2 they probably won't be after adding tape and goop and a front drink system and a computer mount like in Dan's picture. It also seems like a hell of a lot of work to make such an expensive bar "work" well. They sure look cool before doing the modifications but I think I'll stick with my Syntace for now .....
Quote Reply
Those things are damn fugly! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a big fan of function, but I believe beauty has it's own benefits that were destroyed by that disgusting goop that was slapped all over that beautiful carbon. - and the brake levers? Not sure about that move. I'm sure the folks at Hed are pleased that Dan basically destroyed their bars in order for them to fit in his specific FIST fit. I am sure they would have been happier if he would have just said "Yeah, these are nice bars, but I think they are too slippery to work well on descents and they really don't fit me."

Looking forward to his review on a Colnago Dream, where he decides the paint just doesn't wick sweat well enough, so he re-paints is with some driveway sealant or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Those things are damn fugly! [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess Dan is more of a repair man than a Botticelli :-)
it sure looks terrible...guess some will ask him why he sticks his power bars on his bars instead of sticking them on the top tube (which by the way is ugly too :-)
Quote Reply
Re: more on the Hed bars .... [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan.....DUDE.......what r u doing to me????lol

It's hard enough to get these bars in Australia for me to sell.

Just rec'd today a batch of these bars to take to IMOZ expo and i have'nt yet had a pair in my possesion to play with.

Looks Ugly as...... but i thank everyone for their imput into the HED bar, MAKES MY JOB EASIER. I'm sure everyone has their preference to how they fell COMFY using any product and i'm sure to see some basic variations to these in the coming months down here.

Just hope not many people down here see the photo's...lol

I CAME NAKED, BURY ME NAKED
Quote Reply
Re: more on the Hed bars .... [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had similar thoughts after reading Dan's review. The common thread in Dan's bar reviews is how much engineering he has to do in his garage to make them fit his (very demanding) preferences. Personally, my engineering ability stops just the other side of putting bar tape on, so knowing that all I have to do to make these into great bars is to swap in another pair of expensive extensions, and then void the warranty on those by hacksawing them to fit is less than relevant. All I really want to know is, how aero are they? How comfortable are they out of the box? And how adjustable are they.... without having to swap in parts from every other bar ever made using every tool known to man?

Gordo.
Quote Reply
Re: Those things are damn fugly! [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the bars fit me great. the extensions are upturned too much. for me. it has nothing to do with FIST fit. when HED comes out with flatter extensions i'll subscribe.

i don't think any of the modifications have anything to do with bike fit. well, okay, yes, it is certainly consistent with FIST that you drink while you drive. hence the bottle.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply