Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

indoor cycling workouts
Quote | Reply
ok, need some ideas for some trainer workouts. some of the ones i have done include 2 minute intervals on each cog of the cassette(in the little and big rings), 20 minute strength work, and steady state rides. i have pc's(please no re-hash of those arguments), so single leg work is already incorporated. any other suggestions for an 1:20-1:30 workout?

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: indoor cycling workouts [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron in CA has setup a page that contains some tough interval workouts. These are meant to do on rollers, but I wouldn't see why you couldn't use a trainer.

Here's the address. I've forgotten all of my HTML knowledge so I don't remember how to make it link.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/...ervals/Intervals.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to the Spinervals website. They post a different workout every week. Not sure if you're familar with their tapes/DVDs but I have several and they are all great ways to workout hard indoor on a trainer. I've been told you can do them on rollers, but with the amount of standing and sprinting you do on some, I don't have the guts to try.

http://www.spinervals.com/spinlive.asp

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried my 75-85-95 workout? After warming up, I go in my biggest gear at 75rpms in my best aero position until I hit a pre-set HR, then I sit straight up, gear way down, and pedal at 85 rpms until my HR drops well below my target pre-set HR. Now, I get on the hoods and shift to a moderately hard gear and pedal at 95 rpms until I hit my pre-set HR. Go back down to an easy gear while sitting straight up at 85 rpms until your HR drops well below your target pre-set HR. Rinse, Repeat for an hour or however long you want. This is a PC workout, BTW, but it could work for anyone. Also, you can choose different rpms depending upon your riding style.

I like it because it isn't boring, it works the slower power phase while in good aero positioning, it works the recovery abilities, and it works on higher cadences under moderate to moderately hard resistance.

Try it, it's fun!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:10 warm up

20 x (3'00 fast + 1'00 easy)

:10 cool down

1:40 total

this one hurts. you can cut down the reps if you want to shorten it up a bit.

brent
Quote Reply
Re: indoor cycling workouts [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what kind of hr's do you use for this workout?

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: indoor cycling workouts [brentl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you changing gearing/rpm's for the 3 minutes hard or is that up to each individual? are you basing fast based on cadence/speed/gearing(i.e. pace) or by heart rate?

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends. I have a hard time training at my lower heartrate range, but I know I "need" to. So, I start out thinking I'll use 145 as my HR limit. Usually, by the time I get really into it, I turn off my HR monitor and go by feel. I just have a hard time sitting on a resistance trainer unless I'm really having to suck wind! I've GOT to make myself train easier and longer, or I'll be sorry on the 1/2 ironman I have coming up in May!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply