Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How many calories DURING the bike?
Quote | Reply
Along the same lines as what you eat after the bike. I'm interested in how many calories people take in during the bike. I seem to be able to handle a lot of calories on the bike, but I don't want to be crazy about my intake and make it unnecessarily high.

Quote | Reply
I do anywhere from 250-30/hr - all liquid.
Quote Reply
Re: How many calories DURING the bike? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
200-300 for rides >2 hours. I am soon switching to all liquid. I've been using gu and accelerade. Soon gatorade and maltodextrin, I think.

If I'm riding for < 2 hours I will usually take a gu before the ride and maybe 1 during. I stick with water unless it's super hot.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take in 200-300/hour of Infinit mix for longer rides and just water for less than 90 min or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i use a product called infintnutrition. they custom blend a powder to your needs....calories, protien, carbs, electrolytes, caffiene (if you want)
check out thier website infinitnutrition.com
i save gels for the run.
they also make a yummy cappucino protien drink!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In training I took in about 400 calories an hour on the bike (mostly liquid...Perpetuem). During IMAZ, I did the math after the race and only took in 300 calories an hour. I couldn't take in any more with a little bit coming up. I chalked it up to racing at a higher intensity than training and drinking a lot more water because it was hotter (so my stomach was constantly full on the bike).

I've always been told to figure out how many you can take and try to take in that many, so it's less you body has to rely on glycogen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can take in a lot on the bike too.

In training I do 300/hr, in IM AZ I used infinit made to 350/hr, no problems. Well, my run was sluggish, which some people say is an indicator of too much in the gut, but I don't think that was it. I do all liquid as well, now that I've found infinit.
Quote Reply