Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: so when I started triathlon I was a size 12 [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!! You'll have an awesome tri-season!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn! a 5! that's awesome!

some hard work and sacrifice for sure in that achievement. way to go! thanks for sharing your tips too, this is all so helpful.

womens rule!
Quote Reply
Re: so when I started triathlon I was a size 12 [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to second the suggestion of "The Thrive Diet" by Brendan Brasier. It has literally changed my life. I carry it everywhere with me and re read it when I have a few minutes here and there.

I'm a physician and this is the only book I have ever recommended to my patients. And while he's a vegan, and many of his recipes are raw (read: my patients would never go for that), I find the first part where he discusses stress,

including nutritional, environmental, emotional....etc to be some of the most eye-opening material I have come across.

I am hooked on the banana bread energy bars! Throw them in the freezer, and after a long hot workout, YUMMY!!!!

Sorry to go on and on, but I cannot say enough about his book!!

BTW- CONGRATULATIONS!! Size 5 is awesome!!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats. Isn't it the best feeing to be 'light" and run?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to say congratulations and that it seems like you conquered something that means a lot to you. And that is always a great thing. There is nothing sexier than a person that is happy with themself and the world around them. :-)

I wonder though, why so many women think that a size 5 is better than a size 12? Is their something wrong with what society has categorized as a voluptuous women?

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: so when I started triathlon I was a size 12 [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From someone who has been a size 8 and size 2, I can attest that it FEELS so much better to be thin. Absolutely no comparison. Especially when training. When I was at my heaviest I just felt so tired and lazy all the time. And I got sick a lot.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: so when I started triathlon I was a size 12 [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wonder though, why so many women think that a size 5 is better than a size 12? Is their something wrong with what society has categorized as a voluptuous women?
Society has screwed us to a certain degree (and I would say the younger the woman/girl, the more affected by society's definition of "perfect"), but I have to whole heartedly agree that the smaller I am the better I feel physically. More energy, etc (especially when running!!!).
On a side note... there is also a certain stigma attached to training for Ironman. Friends/people I meet expect me to look like Desiree Ficker (example) because I'm doing all this training, but I've gotten slightly heavier than I was when I was training for Oly's.

Quote | Reply
Oh I hope I didnt come across as meaning that somehow being a 5 is 'better'. When I was bigger I was happy doing tris, running, etc. But as its been said, it does 'feel' a lot better...I can run at paces I never thought possible before, and everything just feels so much better.
Also just ordered the Thrive Diet..sounds great and I love trying new healthy and yummy recipes!
Last edited by: kbee: May 5, 08 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: so when I started triathlon I was a size 12 [jeanneroth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I ask why you are going dairy free?
Quote Reply
Re: so when I started triathlon I was a size 12 [tri2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my earlier post I said it was to help with EIA, Excercise Induced Asthma, but I am finding other hidden benefits.

So far this spring I have not had to take ANY allergy medication at all. I have been on antihistamines since I was 16. (now 34) so for me this is huge.

I used to eat a lot of cheese and my friend told me that there is a lot of mold in cheese. (I have no idea about the validity of this statement, but she is usually right) Now that I have cut out cheese (not 100%, but very close) and only have some organic milk in my coffee every morning, I am breathing much better and my skin is clearing up too. ;o)

--------------------
Jeanne Roth
Team Timex 2007/2008
http://jeannejeannie.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's interesting. I was diagnosed last year with EIA. I may try cutting out dairy and see what happens!
Quote Reply
Re: so when I started triathlon I was a size 12 [tri2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still bring the inhaler with me just in case. But my breathing has been much better.

This biggest place it is helping me is with sleep! Go figure. I ate dinner with cheese and I was all congested when falling asleep. I kept thinking it was a dust allergy and I was washing my sheets like crazy. NOW I know it was the cheese.

Hope it works out for you.

--------------------
Jeanne Roth
Team Timex 2007/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's really interesting! I LOVE cheese and it is kind of my downfall when it comes to diets, so that would be a hard one to kick. Thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the weight loss and thanks for your insight on how you did it. I've not lost much weight since training for long course, but have found that it redistributed--mostly to my quad and butt. Still fitting into a 6, but the junk in the trunk is definitely a result of putting out more watts on the bike this year.
That being said, Kim Kardashian looks like she could generate some monster watts on the bike...er, just based on her butt size.
Meow!
Quote Reply
Re: so when I started triathlon I was a size 12 [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going raw (partially) has been the best part of cleaning up my diet. Its not as hard as people think and you dont have to be 100% to get the benefits. I am at elast 50% most days, some days are higher. My friend is about 80% and her partner is a little more like me, we need clean cooked food.

I bought a juicer on ebay and I love it! Juicing has been great. Green smoothies are soo delicious!

If you are interested, check out Alissa Cohen's book, Living on Live Food. and Carol Alt's book about raw fooding. All great sources of info and great recipes.

--------------------
Jeanne Roth
Team Timex 2007/2008
Quote Reply

Prev Next