Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

motivation
Quote | Reply
i spent the first part of this years training focusing on my run (did boston last week)
now i have 6 weeks to get ready for a 1/2 ironman and feel totally unmotivated :(
any tips for getting enthused about training?
Quote Reply
Re: motivation [triandtri again] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 When my motivation is low it usually means I need some rest. You just had a big race last week so it's understandable. It takes me a few weeks to come around after a marathon, and probably even more time than that until I'm fully recovered. So get some rest your motivation will come back I promise!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are suffering from the post-race crash. You build and build for a certain event, then, once it has passed, it feels like a huge let-down. I did not realize how bad I got until it was pointed out by friends.

Relax. Take a day or two off. Then get back into it. You have to look at it as something you are doing b/c you enjoy it. It cannot be "work" or you will continue to struggle. Be a little flexible with your training plan. If the plan says to run, but you really do not feel like running, bike or swim. Do what you feel like doing for a few days and it will come around. Trust me, the motivation will come back.

Also, replay the last event in you head. Remember how excited you were in the days leading up to the race. Picture yourself crossing the finish line and how exciting it was. Soon, you will start to crave that again as you prepare for the next race.

Hang in there!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go easy on yourself. Boston is tough and a big deal.

Stop wearing your watch/HRM, and just exercise for fun for a week or two.

Try new routes.

Do different things like hiking or kayaking or ???

Swim or ride more, skip the running for a bit. Easier on yer legs.

Sleep in once in a while.

Go for a nice walk somewhere mentally soothing.

Sex sex and more sex.

ooops, was that last one out loud? ;-)
AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply