Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PowerTap users - sample rate?
Quote | Reply
Hi all -

I've got a new PT, had the LT test done so I know my LT and have done my first workout with it. I noticed the watts number jumped around quite a bit during the spin parts of the workout, varying up to 15w from what felt like second to second without any perceived change of effort or change of gear.

First, is this typical behavior?
Second, is it a result of me or the PT?
Third, is there any way to change the sample rate, other than setting the recording rate at "1" or "2"? I'd rather do samples every 10 seconds so when I'm doing a steady spin I'm not driving myself nuts trying to keep it exactly on the right number.

I noticed a huge difference in my effort level when using the PT to keep me "honest". It is a great tool and I want to be sure I'm using it correctly.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap users - sample rate? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meant to post this to the main forum but I'll keep it here too incase anyone has any input.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap users - sample rate? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a powertap about 3 months ago (still learning to use it too).

I was told that yes it's normal for the watts to jump all over the place. Not sure if it's a result of the rider or the powertap, I assumed the rider.

I know you can adjust the sampling rate in the software, when you view the data, but not sure if you can adjust the actual sampling rate.

Hopefully there's a powertap smart woman who checks this forum...I have so many questions and I honestly think I'd rather post them here than the main forum.
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap users - sample rate? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a good set of answers on the main forum that will help you too.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=1757038

Jen

Quote Reply