Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri and Circuit Training
Quote | Reply
Looking for the best way to train for triathlons and the road circuit. Mostly sprint and olympic distance triathlons. I am a good swimmer. Good technique and i swim only once a week in the season as i get little benefit from swimming more.

Thanks
Last edited by: trijunior: Jan 3, 03 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: Tri and Circuit Training [trijunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Best" is a loaded word. I assume youre a cyclist. Can you swim? Whats event is your weakness? Have you tried a tri before? There's a lot of info thats needed before putting together a training plan. But some basics are: it probably couldnt hurt to join a swim team, do at least 3 workouts in each event each week, do at least one brick (bike run together) each week, in biking and running at least have one day where youre going longer than planned in a race called "over distance". In swimming, every swim should be overdistance.

If you asked others on this forum---some who are training for the exact same oly race i am, their doing different things each week than i am. Everyone has different needs.

You can find a relatively inexpensive tri coach on the net. Or if you dont want to jump in that far yet I'd recommend reading Joe Friel's Triathletes Training Bible. It gives a lot of info for training for tris.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Tri and Circuit Training [trijunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It depends on your goals but if you just want to check out a few tris and focus on the bike you could swim twice, run 2-3x, and bike 4x a week. One of the bike rides should be with a run, esp. if you do three runs. This all depends on swimming ability and the amount of time you have to train, the above is fine if you have 8-10 hrs, if you have more then do some more swimming. This also assumes you don't mind being mop and aren't doing any long races.
Quote Reply