Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this belongs in the lavender room so I'll delete it if it does.

We just recently bought a nice bedroom set and a new 'eastern' king temperpedic bed. So, last night, my wife says, 'hey, go to bed, bath, and beyond and buy a king size fitted sheet', and she hands me a coupon from there. Since I work from home and am not tied down to a desk, I said sure. She, on the otherhand, works at a school and cannot leave to run errands or pick up the phone.

So, all day, I'm been going to bed, bath, and beyond, sears, macys, target, linen and things, and can't find a king size fitted sheet. They have king size flat sheets and CAL king fitted sheets but no 'eastern king fitted sheets. The only way I can buy a fitted sheet is if I buy a "package" that includes all the cases, sheets, etc.

WTF? Is this a trick? Why no eastern king fitted sheets at any stores around here?

(And no, I'm not going to buy the "package" as you know, I don't want to bring the wrong thing home).
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [auto208562] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would buy the package and say "this is all they had i checked out XYZ places and this is it. if you're not happy, we could possibly do a search online, but so far this is all i could find at the 100 different places i looked today. what do you think, hon?"

and then let her decide.

or tonight tell you looked at XYZ and they offer a package with the following ingredients, in such and such colors (if you remember the colors) and if you like i could pick that up tomorrow, or we search online.

and then let her decide.

women just want to know that you did the work and put out the effort. tell her the report, and let her decide. it's not a trick and she will love you for trying so hard (which you honestly tried very hard IMO, and you did find the right thing, it just comes in a package)
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kittycat has it right.

Welcome to The Womens. Be glad you didn't post this in the Lavendar Room. Mixed in with the helpful posts I'm sure you would have gotten shit about going to this much trouble, should she do it herself, etc.

:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks both of you for the advice and welcome to the women forum. I'm sure I would have gotten 'it' in the lavender room. Unfortunately, I didn't pick up the package before I wrote this so I'll just have to explain to my wife my day long shopping attempt. I'll definitely point her to this thread if she gives me grief ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never heard of an eastern king size... hmmm learn somethin new every day! take measurements with you and go to either Marshall's or Ross- they sell the high end thread counts and maker sheets seperately so you don't have to buy a set and they measurement is on the pkg.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [Snap!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! I learned about 'eastern' kings a while ago. Isn't Ross and Marshalls, stores that sell imperfect products? I'm not sure the terminology so my use of improper may be incorrect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a new king size bed and during the search for the perfect bed found out....Eastern King is a standard King Size bed....Western King is a California King.

They sell eastern (or regular) king sheets in a set normally, and you can buy the California (or western) King fitted sheet because it is the one thing the won't fit a California King bed from a regular set of sheets. I think a california king is longer than a regular king bed.

At department (Macy's, Neiman Marcus etc..) stores you can normally buy sheets sold individually (ie, not all the sheets they sell are pre-packaged for sets). Most other places sell sheet sets.
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Mar 31, 08 17:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some are imperfect, but most are overstock items in regular, normal condition. I buy a lot of shit there.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget to check out the thread count also. Basically higher the better. My wife had no idea what thread count was. I could tell because when we were dating her sheets were horrible (in the mid 100 range) and I hated sleeping in her bed because I was used to higher quality sheets.......Sometimes I wonder if I should turn in my man card.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [CycloneTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thread count definitely makes a difference, as does the quality of cotton. (cotton/poly blends are never ever acceptable) There's something wonderfully decadent about the feel of high thread count sheets right out of the dryer brushing up against freshly shaved legs. My favorite- Ralph Lauren's home collection.

Basic white here:

http://tinyurl.com/2msc5q
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [CycloneTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt you have to turn in your man card in here. You have a lot of protection ;) ...that's why I opted to write my question here instead of the lavender room and hopefully it would be accepted.

I did eventually order 2 fitted sheets online. They were 300 count and 100% cotton (as Jill suggested). It was some kind of cotton called "Pima cotton." Hopefully 300 count is good enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pima cotton is cotton made by the Pima Indians right here in Arizona! It's good cotton although some people say egyptian cotton is the best...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless you're willing to drop a grand on a sheet set for bedding, there really isn't a point in going with 600 thread count instead of 300 thread count. In the cheaper 600s, they twine/double up the threads so that the cheap 600 thread count sheets are really no different than well made 300s, save that the 600s will wear out faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, yes this was a test. You were set-up. You were supposed to go through all this, and still buy the California fitted sheet. THEN you were supposed to take it home and alter it into the correct size for your new bedding. "if it was important to you you'd do it". I bet the sewing machine has been left out and accessible for a reason, and you are not picking up on the signals. You are not going the extra mile expected of you. Shape TF up.

I am dying for your wife to read this far, turn to you and say "yeah, how come you can't do THAT for me?"

always happy to help...
Smelly

ErgVideo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We dropped almost 10k for the bedroom set and tempurpedic mattress so I thank god I found some sheets on clearance sale at Target online for $9.99. I personally can't tell about the count or for that matter, the type of cotton, for all I know, the previous one is cotton blend with a 100 count. But glad to know the 300 count is pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [rockykito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm racing in imaz so maybe those are the ones at the reservation that I'll pass through on the bike course.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a test by my wife: ? about bedding [Paul Smeulders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'll keep this thread secret. On a side note, re: the sewing machine, that thing is so complicated. I tried once to sew something and I couldn't even get the thread maneuvered and set properly in the stupid thing. I ended up having to hand sew. Somethings are best kept simple.
Quote Reply