Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pregnant ladies - When's your first race after delivery? [leggett24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is incredible. Was she working out a lot during the pregnancy?
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant ladies - When's your first race after delivery? [BamaTriGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My two cents is that a 1/2iron 3 months post partum might be tough. I'm sure you can do it but it may stress you (and your baby) out way more than is worth it. You don't know how long it will take you to recover from birth/pregnancy. If you are lucky you'll be physically able to run/bike/swim in 2-3 weeks but that's probably pretty quick, and that's not including lack of sleep, constant nursing etc. Realistically it will probably be closer to 6-8 weeks before you can really start to train again

I don't want to totally dissuade you but I'd caution that that it might be tough.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant ladies - When's your first race after delivery? [bokchoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an interesting thread. I'm due in early-mid September and don't have any desire to set a race schedule yet. I'd like to do another iron distance some day but don't want to commit to that in '09 necessarily. I'm keeping my options open and will wait and see how I feel and what interests me. Maybe it helped that I raced so much the past couple years to "get it out of my system" for a little bit. I'm sure I'll want some kind of athletic goal to motivate me, but it might be mountain biking, adventure racing, trail running or something other than tri's. I guess I feel like I have some previous race results to live up to and don't want to be out there until I'm really ready.

I've certainly heard stories of racing within months of giving birth and it going really well, but I think a conservative approach to laying down the dollars for a "if everything goes perfect" race schedule is probably best.

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant ladies - When's your first race after delivery? [BamaTriGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll ask her to PM you so she can tell you the story.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant ladies - When's your first race after delivery? [leggett24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much!
Quote Reply

Prev Next