Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Q 4 Tom D.
Quote | Reply
any idea on the release date of the sidi carbon?
Quote Reply
Re: Q 4 Tom D. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spoke with Julio at Veltec (U.S. Sidi distributor) just now and he mentioned they may be available sometime after the 15th of April at the distributor. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully they arrive on schedule.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must be out because my LBS already has it in stock.

Mucho expensive $320+.

Looks real good.

I think we're talking about the same shoe. I forget the exact name. Is it the Ergo? I'll check later as I have to go pick up my bike.
Last edited by: michaelg: Mar 24, 03 8:34
Quote Reply
Re: Q 4 Tom D. [michaelg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh? $320? Is that CD? Seems a bit out there if they want to compete with the rest of the pack. Shimano's shoe looks really good if that is Sidi's idea of competition. Its more than twice what I'd have to pay my LBS for the non-carbon model.
Quote Reply
Re: Q 4 Tom D. [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. US $$$.

As I said I don't remeber the exact name but they have a new Sidi shoe for $320+
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that would be the road version. my lbs has them too.
the tri version is not out yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. I am talking about the road shoe. And it is the Ergo and goes for $329.99
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, you guys got it right. The Sidi Ergo is a road shoe with a unique closure system and carbon sole that sells for $329.99. Expensive, but oh so nice.... Since cycling shoes last much longer than other shoes you can kind of rationalize it. The new T-1 Carbon (available after April 15th approx.) will be the same T-1 triathlon shoe but with the new carbon sole for $249.99. The carbon sole reduces weight significantly and increases longitudinal and lateral stiffness substantially also (I don't know by how much). We have sold three pairs of Sidi Ergos in the past month despite the $329.99 price tag. Two of the people are Colnago C-40 drivers.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Q 4 Tom D. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, Since you are one of the few with eyes on a pair of Carbon T-1s, would you recommend waiting for them over purchasing a non-carbon pair right now? I need a new pair of tri-shoes this year. I've worn Sidi's before and am fairly set on getting another pair. I didn't even know the Carbons were an option until you mentioned them. I should also say that I've gotten used to a stiff carbon sole with my Poggio road shoes. Do you think the difference in stiffness for the Sidis is worth the $$ and waiting, since that's probably the only difference?
Quote Reply