Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reading through this is making me miss my angled, shaggy bob that I was rocking for a couple of years. So messy, shaggy, easy & super cute. I've been growing it out for what seems like ages...but only maybe a year & a half or so. I have super fine, super straight hair & it also grows slowly. It looks great if I just leave it alone & let it dry without product or anything, but sadly spends most of its time up in a pony or in a clip.

I should cut it again. I like having it long for awhile though, makes me feel girly. I have to spend a good bit of effort keeping it healthy though with all the swimming I do.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AWARE wrote:
Reading through this is making me miss my angled, shaggy bob that I was rocking for a couple of years. So messy, shaggy, easy & super cute. I've been growing it out for what seems like ages...but only maybe a year & a half or so. I have super fine, super straight hair & it also grows slowly. It looks great if I just leave it alone & let it dry without product or anything, but sadly spends most of its time up in a pony or in a clip.

I should cut it again. I like having it long for awhile though, makes me feel girly. I have to spend a good bit of effort keeping it healthy though with all the swimming I do.

I've found that my hair that used to grow like mad in California has seemed to quit growing here in TN. Head and leg hair. Good for shaving; not good when trying to grown hair on head out longer.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: trackie clm: May 28, 13 15:41
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
REALLY? Mine's never grown fast on my head...my legs on the other hand....apparently I was made for cold weather? Are you more stressed overall? Maybe that's the effect?

Mine is finally all a couple inches past my shoulders....after being chin/neck short since Xmas 2009 cut to my nape in 2010-2011. All I've really had since Spring of 2011 were trims. ARGH!!!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWARE wrote:
REALLY? Mine's never grown fast on my head...my legs on the other hand....apparently I was made for cold weather? Are you more stressed overall? Maybe that's the effect?

Mine is finally all a couple inches past my shoulders....after being chin/neck short since Xmas 2009 cut to my nape in 2010-2011. All I've really had since Spring of 2011 were trims. ARGH!!!

Super high stress lately!! But this has been ever since I moved here. I used to have to get it trimmed every 6 weeks. I've been here 1 year and had it cut 3x total.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [bdiva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cut my hair about chin level once (bob style) and it was the worst for running, I had to fix it a million times mid workout and it was harder to leave the gym with wet hair and look somewhat acceptable!

I keep mine an inch or two under my shoulders, so it's long enough for any kind of pony tail or a braid if I choose and has been the easiest for triathlon. Just keep some detangler in your transition bag! And to keep it out of your face during workouts or a race just use some prewrap and tie it to make a makeshift headband!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [khoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is still super short and I have no plans to change it. The color is mostly grey now but it is a nice shade, almost looks blonde, so I'm done coloring it too. Although, I might do bleach blonde someday. :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [bdiva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have long, thick wavy/curly hair with long bangs. i recently trimmed it to "bra line" level to manage the ponytail better. guess its just everyone's preference but i wont ever cut mine! Emijays are what i use to manage this mane. i was shown a tricky way to use them to get it all up to a low bun.....sometimes the ponytail tugs. often there are 3, maybe 4...the 4th one shows up days later....but if you are considering cutting your long hair, first try out the emijays and see if it helps u manage it better. the times i dont have time to let my hair dry (no hair dryer in this house!) the emijays come to the rescue so i look "classy and clean" for a dinner out and not like i just worked out for 4 hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWARE wrote:

I have the same super fine, straight, grows slowly hair. I'm thinking of chopping the pony tail off in favor of the angled, shaggy bob. Do you have any pictures? I'm trying to find a good one for my stylist.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did your head sunburn with a buzz cut? That's the only thing stopping me.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [Artemis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see if this works...this link should go to some photos. The original cut when it was down to the nape of my neck (12/10 - I LOVED the cut) & then in June of 2011 when it had started to grow out. I had another shape/cut done at that length. I loved the ease of the short hair - fluff/spazz & go. Even the mid-length was pretty easy, some mousse & done. Now I seem to put it in a pony tail more often than not, or it'll start down but always wind up pulled back at some point.

http://flic.kr/ps/2tHxCT

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worked for me. It's really cute! The nape of the neck length is what I'm looking for. My hair gets so hot in the summer here. Hate it. I never end up leaving it down right now. It'll start down, but ends up back in a ponytail all the time. It's not the best look for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironma'am wrote:
Did your head sunburn with a buzz cut? That's the only thing stopping me.
Speaking as a male with a buzz cut (#5 on top, #2 on the sides), I always wear a hat when running and I'll be getting a UV protective skull cap for under my helmet, to avoid sunburn on my head.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have super short hair (cut it with clippers) and never have a sunburn on my head.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon and haircut/style [fitknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dislike full hats and prefer a visor, and don't like anything under my helment. So it would have to work without those.
Quote Reply

Prev Next