Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed Alps/Spinergy Tilium
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at a set of race wheels and in my price range is the HED Alps and Spinergy Tilium, I haven't read any reviews on the Tiliums, any comments on the HED Alps? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Alps/Spinergy Tilium [mb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have any experience with Spinergy. I have Hed wheels but not Alps. I'm sure the Alps are a good product. What you have to love about this company is 1) they publish their aero data http://www.hedcycling.com/wheelchooser.htm

2) They are very approachable. I had a small problem and had to phone them. They were very personable and friendly, not to mention very helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tiliums are new, Alps are tried and true. I don't know the shape of the deep section rim of the tiliums, we know Hed has that down. Plus, if you get the tilium with the PFO carbon spokes, you would have a comfortable wheel but aerodynamics would suffer. As I tell my friend with spox wheels, "those sure a fat spokes." Therefore, should you want to go with the tiliums opt for the steel spoke option, it lowers the price and would increase the actual purpose of an aerowheel. Alps will be my next wheelset . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm planning on getting the carbon ss. one step below the tilliums. they have bladed steel spokes as oppsed to the carbon PBO. hed's are very good as well. i was talking to several people and they recomended the tilliums if you do ironman. (i'm young so i'm sticking to sprint/olympic) they are bit more forgiving, so you have fresher legs, one guy who test rode them told me they were still very stiff though! i honestly think you would be pretty happy with either wheel-set. i don't see the PBO spokes making a HUGE aero dissadvantage, if there is one i would say it's very small and not noticable.

luke
Quote Reply