Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: botox and fillers [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice one! Free samples are always good!
I have yet to hit to cosmetic counters for any sort of corrective measures (I think I'm past the point of preventative) it all seems a bit daunting. I do have to find something that works for under eye puffiness & dark circles though. I find that after a swim I my eyes seem REALLY puffy (I know it's my goggles) but that puffiness seems to take longer and longer to disappear now than it did before --there has to be some kind of cream out there that can help with that!

===============================================

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

http://www.teamrunningfree.com
http://ironmanredux.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [redrunningshoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swedes goggles for starters. for under eye dark circles--maybe more rest and higher iron in food? i don't know.

but for the eye cream, based on the Chanel samples i got...that stuff freaking rocks.
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kitty, just don't get all doll/mask-like like Priscilla Presley, currently on Dancing with the Stars! It is freaking me out to watch her. :)

If you're into "corrective" per the cosmetics lady, then I hate to think where I would be...."overhaul needed"! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers, oops [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

***ok, i put oops in the title because apparently this thread has peeved some people off if you can believe that. so my last word is for those of you who are offended, sorry, but maybe don't read it! this is a topic that women don't get to talk about too much in the open, so here it is. also i'm was just trying to poke fun of myself and "aging" in general, hence the ridiculous pics of me in the bathroom looking like a dork. someone asked me to take it down, but i will not, i think it is important for us to be able to talk about anything. :) cheers!
Good for you, kitty, for NOT taking this thread down. If some people want to be upset, let them be upset. Personally, I find nothing wrong with cosmetic enhancements if done for the right reason and with a healthy attitude. By that I mean that if someone has serious body image problems, they would probably be better off seeing a therapist than a cosmetic surgeon, as no amount of surgery is going to make them feel better until they get emotionally healthy. Also, there are so many people (mostly women, but plenty of men too) who make themselves miserable trying to attain some artificial standard of beauty that doesn't even exist in the real world. We're not talking about those people here. I don't see what the big deal is about getting some Botox or implants or lipo or a face peel, or whatever, if you're already physically and emotionally healthy. Come on, we all (or at least most of us) do SOMETHING to improve our looks, however big or small. Mascara to make our lashes thicker or longer, lipstick to make our lips look pink or shiny, hair gel/mousse to make our hair look thicker or less frizzy or more curly or whatever. We cut our hair in a flattering style instead of letting it grow on forever. We trim and even paint our fingernails. All of these cosmetic enhancements are on a continuum, with lip gloss at one end, and nose job/breast implants at the other. But let's not pretend they are apples and oranges. It's a matter of degree.
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers, oops [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just turned 39 this month and I'm seeing the lines around my eyes particularly when I smile. I mean, it is ridiculous. I also notice my face isn't as firm as it used to be. I'm not likely to do Botox but I am spending some serious bucks on eye and face creams. As I drop the weight it gets worse but if I'm sure to moisturize with frufru creams morning and night I definitly see a difference. When I don't moisturize, the lines come back with a vengence.

If I was to do any plastic surgery I'd look at doing liposuction on my hips. I have terrible saddlebags and no matter how much weight I loose I'll always have them. I look awful in compression shorts but they are all I wear so that I don't get jiggle exhaustion in my butt muscles. This ties into the running skirt conversation. I wear a size 4 so I'm not overweight. The hip fat is something I'm stuck with and if it isn't gone by now it isn't going anywhere. I can banish the belly but not the butt. Surgical solution is probably my only option. But, I think my husband would freak beause he is pretty against plastic surgery. Not that that would stop me necessarily :-) Honestly I'm not doing it now because liposuction can go really wrong, the fat can come back and it is very expensive.

I like have a B cup boobs and don't feel the need to make them bigger. They are losing their pep but I can live with that. They still look pretty good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers, oops [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess there's something wrong with me... The only "makeup" I own is chapstick. I don't color my salt and pepper hair. There's nothing "Wonder" about my bras. I think I'm missing some "girly gene", but I just don't understand the need to change your looks with surgery or chemicals. I won't criticize someone who does understand it, but it's not for me. BTW, I'm 49 yrs old.
Quote Reply

Prev Next