Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moms, a bit of experience?
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone..I wanted to put out fair warning this thread involves talk about kids. :-)

I am up for a brick tomorrow, but have a sick kid home with me. I have all day to ride indoors, but only up til 8 AM to dash out for the run, due to scheduling. is it OK to invert a brick and do the run first? Or would I be better off just doing the bike , and moving onward towards a fresh start next week. Another option is to do the run part when DH gets home in the evening.

(I am on week 8 out of 26. Oh, and I love running so I am not usually short on running hours. As I have mentioned in previous threads, biking is my limiter).

Thanks for reading! Feel free to post your own time management dilemma !
Quote Reply
Re: Moms, a bit of experience? [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a coach, but its my understanding that the Bike - Run is to get you used to running off the bike. So I guess its the point to do the bike first. I don't think it hurts to run first, but I don't know. At this point I ride inside more often than not.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get on your bike with enough time to complete your workout when DH arrives home and then dash out for the run-it's a brick so I try to use the rule no more than 10 mins. of downtime switch-less is better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my coach has me do some reverse bricks of run then bike - kind of simulates how tired your legs are at the end of the bike leg. doing it bike then run is better, but i wouldn't sweat it if you do it the other way for a day!

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get in a good bike and do the run another time.
Quote Reply
Re: Moms, a bit of experience? [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto! It's one brick in a long string of bricks.

Ride the bike, take care of the sick kiddo and don't even think of beating yourself up about the missed run.

No doubt you will have plenty of opportunity to do others.

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: Moms, a bit of experience? [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the above 2 posts. Do the bike and forget about the run (unless you can do it without making your life crazy). You are only in week 8. Plenty of time to get other bricks in. Let yourself be flexible in your schedule.
Quote Reply