Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for the Womens of Scottsdale
Quote | Reply
Ladies,

I just sent out a tri-bike to my little sis who is planning on doing her first sprint this Spring and she's been riding by herself (which worries me because I'm concerned for her safety). I suggested that she find a group to ride with so she can learn new routes and get some tips from more experienced riders. I'm looking for something for a novice and not intimidating. (And definitely not a group ride where a bunch of guys are going to hit on her the entire time!) Does anyone have any suggestions for group rides in the area?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Last edited by: ETN79: Mar 6, 08 8:18
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Womens of Scottsdale [ETN79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tribe Multisport at Scottsdale Rd and McDowell has rides every Saturday and once during the week. Their number is 480-421-9442. There are usually a couple of groups that do different distances/speeds. You can give them a call for more specifics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was late in viewing this, but Bicycle Ranch has rides on Saturdays
http://bicycleranch.com/rides.shtml

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ladies,

I just sent out a tri-bike to my little sis who is planning on doing her first sprint this Spring and she's been riding by herself (which worries me because I'm concerned for her safety). I suggested that she find a group to ride with so she can learn new routes and get some tips from more experienced riders. I'm looking for something for a novice and not intimidating. (And definitely not a group ride where a bunch of guys are going to hit on her the entire time!) Does anyone have any suggestions for group rides in the area?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Echo the tribe recommendation. Saturday ride usually has 50-70 with a good proportion of ladies in the group. Their weeknight is Thursdays, not sure the time. Very friendly and welcoming group with all levels.

Landis cyclery also has group rides, not sure of times/days.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply