Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Opening Page Article on Ascending [cstine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You can also practice this in the grass, softer landing.

I had planned on no-one needing "landings". :)

Grass is great. There's no better place to practice pack riding skills like bumping, touching wheels, pushing/pulling, etc. I don't know many tris where that stuff becomes necessary, but good bike handling skills are always beneficial. It might be good for practicing flying mounts/dismounts too, as long as it isn't too bumpy.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Page Article on Ascending [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right! Hopefully no one will need landings! :-)

I practice lots of mtb skills in the grass first. I've been trying to master a track stand (for both mtb and road) and I pretty much suck at it. But I keep trying!
Quote Reply
I tried it [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do I get this feeling, if I was needing to sprint away from a dog, I would learn fast? :-P

Well anyway. Sick kid, 3.5 hour trainer ride today. Intervals, with the last hour in Z2/optional Z3. I used that Z2 time to practice standing and really try to visualize taking that skill on the road. I actually quite enjoyed it. Normally, I have a very difficult time getting my HR into Z2 (even worse, above Z2), but if I stood, I could get it right up there. Interesting. I'll let you guys know when I take my act on the road, how it goes...
Quote Reply

Prev Next